To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mansfield, OH
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
MAINTENANCE SHIFT MANAGER
AK Steel • Mansfield, OH
Posted 8 days ago
Duties and responsibilities:
The Maintenance Shift Manager is responsible for supervising and directing the activities of maintenance employees in the repair and maintenance of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Administration of company policies and procedures .
- Participate in the manufacturing safety and environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment
- Adhere to the Quality Policy to promote continuous improvements of our products, processes and services
- Responsible for meeting unit objectives involving safety, quality, and productivity
- Attains results through effective planning, organizing, controlling, and assignment of priorities
- Maintain effective and consistent work performance, even under uncertain of unstructured conditions in the face of stress
- Identify problems, gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, quality, and productivity
- Perform safety and quality audits / observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA's (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards
- Facilitate weekly safety contact / safety meetings
- 2-5 years prior supervisory experience
- Requires mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Must be willing to work rotating shift, weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience in melting, casting, or materials
- Experience with high voltage electrical systems up to 6900V, AC / DC cranes and motors a plus
- Exposure to Quality (QS9000), Environmental (ISO 14001) and Safety (OSHA supervisory training, experience with JSHA's, lockout/tryout)
- Experience in a steelmaking facility
- Experience in a union environment
AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status.