To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Carefree, surronding, AZ
- Phone: 480-302-5139
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
RN / LPN - Full Time and Per Diem
BrightStar Care • Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Cave Creek, Carefree, surronding, AZ
Posted 16 days ago
Seeking Full Time and Per Diem Nurses and LPNs
**** JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM IN A UNIQUE HOME HEALTH CARE POSITION WITH FLEXIBILITY
**** Perfect position for someone who wants flexible per diem hours
We are seeking a RN/LPN with at least 2 years experience in home health care. This unique position will combine skilled nursing visits throughout the community, staff supervision and new private duty client opens. We do require an individual that has flexibility with their hours in order to be available for on-call or fill-ins as needed. We require proficient nursing skills for wound care and infusions(PIV,PORT,PICC).
***Must have reliable automobile with valid insurance and ability to effectively navigate throughout service area. (North/ South Scottsdale, North Phoenix, Fountain Hills, Carefree, and Cave Creek).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs, initiates, and implements patient care plan for a wide variety of diagnosis and conditions
- Acts in a role as care coordinator in a home health care setting shown by initiating starts of care, making recommendations for additional needs, following all clinical services until discharge for assigned patients.
- Administers and/or sets up prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments and significant incidents
- Takes and records patients’ vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assesses condition of patient
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol
- Complete all necessary documentation in compliance with state and federal requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient as prescribed by the physician and/or hospital policy including patient and family instruction
- Bathes, dresses, and assists patients in transferring, walking and turning
- Participates in company quality improvement activities
- Manages schedule as directed by company policy and provides care in a timely and professional manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires current licensure in the state
- Requires Associates or Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
- 2+ years experience in clinical setting
- Requires familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Home Care
- HOME CARE EXPERIENCE
Ability to accurately write routine reports and required correspondence as required by BrightStar guidelines. Ability to respond professionally and appropriately on behalf of BrightStar. Must be able to appropriately respond to and maintain confidential information at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, such as physical requirements including (but not limited to) climbing stairs, the ability to lift/transfer patients and drive.
• Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check, drug screening and background check.
• May be required to submit to annual TB and rubella screening. Ability to safely lift, and physically manipulate patients.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/home environment
• Moderate physical activity, occasional lifting up to 50lb, standing or walking for more than 4 hours per day
• Home environment involves possible exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following safety precautions and may include use of protective equipment.
***Must have reliable automobile with valid insurance and ability to effectively navigate throughout service area.