To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2404 & 2409 Queen Mitchell Rd
- Manisha Parekh
- Phone: 410-721-0000
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
The Goddard School • Gambrills, MD
Posted 27 days ago
The Goddard School® located in Gambrills/Crofton, Maryland is looking for a motivated self-starter for a Assistant Director for our school. A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field, and management experience in a licensed childcare center or preschool is preferred. A candidate must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and have a good understanding of age appropriate activities for young children.
The Goddard School® is a renowned program with a Piaget-based foundation (Learning through Play) and a leader in the franchised preschool industry which is growing and continues to set the standard for excellence. The focus of the program is to provide a life-long love of learning. Our staff is made of loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child's needs. They are highly qualified childhood educators who are able to use their creativity and the Goddard Developmental Guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way. Our particular location supports learning for children from 6 week to 6 years.
The Assistant Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Our ideal Assistant Director has strong leadership skills, is an excellent communicator, and can motivate and inspire others. He/she should be able to help teachers create and implement our strong curriculum which includes:
- Monthly STEM Units
- Smart Boards in the classroom
- Literacy and Math Assessments to drive instruction
- Daily Special Enrichment Instruction (PE, Yoga, Spanish, Sign Language, Music) - Summers filled with meaningful learning opportunities, including Special Visitors and Field Trips
-On occasion may be responsible for transporting children as a “van/bus driver"
-May be required to step into the Teacher role in a classroom when needed
-Overseeing preschool operations including human resources, Quality Assurance, and facility operations.
-Develop strong relationships with our families
-Managing a budget, payroll, licensing and accreditation
-Positive and upbeat attitude while working in a fast-paced environment
-Highly effective organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
-Deep love for children and a strong commitment to education.
The Goddard School® offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Professional Development
- State-of-the-Art Facilities
- Community Outreach
- Resource Programs
- Affiliation with Leaders in the Childcare Field
- Expenses for relocating will be covered
- BA, BS Degree, or Master’s in Early Childhood Education or Education
- Prior Managerial Experience in a Preschool Setting
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Commitment to Professional Development
- Ability to travel periodically for Conventions and/or Training
- Must provide proof of a negative TB test administered within one previous year from hire date.
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- BBP / HIV / Aids certification
- Evidence of completion of a minimum of 20 hours of Basic STARS/MERIT training as well as maintaining the required completion of the annual 10 hours training requirements.
Qualified candidates should forward their resume with cover letter and transcripts for consideration.