To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10601 Decatur Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Behavior Specialist Consultant / Mobile Therapist
The Mentor Network • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 21 days ago
$300 Sign On Bonus for
Licensed Behavioral Specialist Consultant
LPC, LSW, LCSW, LMFT
Additional help and bonuses available for qualified applicants who gain therapeutic licensure while working with us and take on autistic clients.
Pennsylvania MENTOR’s service line of Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS), also known as Wraparound, is a service that focuses on the behavioral health needs of a child in his/her everyday environment. We are expanding services in the area and we are seeking talented Independent Contractors to provide services to our Pennsylvania families.
The Behavior Specialist Consultant is responsible for providing high quality client care including assessment, treatment planning, behavioral support, and aftercare planning. The Behavior Specialist Consultant serves as the principle liaison between the client, treatment team, and all outside agencies responsible for the client’s treatment and disposition. The Behavior Specialist Consultant functions as the lead member of the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team.
BSC Essential Job Functions
• Functions as the Lead member of the Multidisciplinary Treatment Team.
• Completes social history evaluations of assigned clients in a timely manner, demonstrating good interviewing and assessment skills.
• Consults with parents, TSS, MT and other team members regularly.
• Provides therapeutic programming materials to parents, TSS, MT and other team members as needed.
• Maintains appropriate and timely communication with family, referral sources, MENTOR and agencies responsible for client’s treatment, welfare, and/or disposition.
• Gathers and analyzes data for development of individualized, behavioral interventions.
• Completes all documentation including treatment planning, progress notes, monthly reviews, and periodic assessments maintaining compliance with the policies and procedures of the program.
• Actively participates in planning aftercare and discharge services.
• Attends peer review once a month.
• Other duties as outlined in contract.
The Mobile Therapist is responsible for implementing the treatment plan for behaviorally challenged and at risk individuals by providing individual and/or group support and intervention. This individual may complete assessments and evaluations, develop a plan and teach based on the assessment. The Mobile Therapist may also assist with the intake process.
MT Essential Job Functions
• Provide individual and family therapy; provide feedback to BSC/treatment team around the needs of the individual and the needs of the family.
• Provide support and therapeutic intervention in a variety of settings as appropriate on a case by case basis.
• Assist with the development and implementation of treatment plan goals for children and their families.
• Introduce, practice and review positive coping skills to a variety of children and their families.
• Model and practice respectful, assertive communication.
• Assist family with design and implementation of a proactive crisis plan.
• Document therapy sessions and participate in treatment plan review and update.
- Master's Degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline such as: Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, and/or Marriage and Family therapy (must have a minimum of 12 graduate credits in behavioral health coursework).
- At least two years post graduate experience using behavior analysis/modification techniques.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in behavioral management role required.
- Documented training in behavior modification techniques required.
- Pass the FBA training from the Bureau of Austism Services and be able to present certificate.
- Have a professional license, BSC license or have applied for license.
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state.
- Professional Liability Insurance.
MT Minimum Requirements:
- Master’s degree in a clinical discipline (i.e., clinical or counseling psychology, clinical social work), including two semesters of formal, supervised clinical practicum experience.
- One year of experience in the behavioral health field with children/adolescents preferred but not required. Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of individual and family therapy.
- Licensed or certification preferred, but not required.
Please be advised: Career Builder does not have a Social Services Job Category. While this job posting is listed as not for profit, MENTOR network is a for profit company.
KEYWORDS: BSC, B.S.C., MT, M.T., Therapeutic Staff Support, BHRS, B.H.R.S, Wraparound, Wrap-around, Wrap Around, Clinical, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Behavioral Health, Children, Adolescents, Assessment, Interventions, ABA, ADD, ADHD, Advocacy, Aspergers, At-risk, Autism, Autistic Support, Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Interventions, Behavior Modification, Case Manager, Child Services, Child Welfare, Classroom Aide, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Crisis Intervention, Crisis Prevention, Discrete Trial, Early Intervention, Family Services, Floortime, Human Services, Juvenile Justice, Mental Health, BSW, ODD, Paraprofessional, PDD, PECS, Play Therapy, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Social Skills, Social Stories, Social Work, Sociology, Special Needs, Student Assistance, Teacher Aide, Treatment Team, Verbal Behavior, MSW, LCSW, LSW, LPC