To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, WI 53132
- Paul Artka
- Phone: 4144331414
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Maintenance Technician (2nd Shift, Full-time onsite at BD Medical $26-$28/hr)
Parallel Employment Group • Franklin, WI
Posted 11 days ago
POSITION: Senior Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: BD Medical, Franklin, WI
The engineering technician provides technical support to production and facility in the areas of mechanical and electrical maintenance. Leads and supports all projects as needed for optimal production.
- Establishes and maintains electrical and mechanical components within the facility.
- Leads and supports machine design, installation, and validation projects.
- Interacts closely with team members and functional areas supporting large projects.
- Assists with the design, development, installation, debugging, validation, and start-up of new/ modified equipment or processes.
- Demonstrates initiative by routinely taking on challenging tasks that improve processes.
- Proposes design changes to management in the areas of equipment upgrade, problem elimination, quality improvements, and cost reduction. Works with all levels to facilitate these changes.
- Performs major machine repair and overhaul, as required, initiating purchase requisitions when outside repair is needed.
- Diagnoses and corrects mechanical, electrical and electronic malfunctions which are beyond the capabilities of production personnel.
- Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled. Establishes and improves the PM program, as required.
- Manages the spare parts inventory in the parts crib.
- Installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical and electronic equipment such as recording, regulating, indicating, and controlling instruments.
- Fabricate new parts or repairs existing electrical parts as appropriate.
- Support production operation to achieve manufacturing goals.
- Other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Two-year degree from a technical school in electrical or electronic field
or 2 + years of demonstrated experience as an electrical and mechanical technician.
- Experience in the medical device/pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Design experience is a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Advanced mechanical and electrical skills, including automation control systems (e.g. PLC), position control systems (e.g. servo motion) and electrical troubleshooting (e.g. use of a multi-meter).
- Understanding of and ability to execute preventative maintenance.
- Hands-on, accurate, detail oriented, self-directed, friendly, reliable, resourceful, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
- Able to prioritize tasks, work independently, and take initiative to accomplish assigned/unassigned tasks.
- Responsive to requests made by production personnel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills and comfortable with numbers.
- Ability to use various computer software programs including strong knowledge of windows based programs including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Visio, RS Logic and other PLC programming applications. Database Management.
- Ability to use and maintain various measurement gauging and test apparatus.
- Excellent attendance record.
- Must be available for overtime.
- Must be able to work in a production environment including lifting up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 70 lbs.
Direct No direct reports.
Indirect Fill in for production Skill IV, as needed.
- Performance of all production related equipment.
- Proper guidance and direction of assigned team members.
- Timely completion of all assigned duties.
- Compliance to all GMP, safety, quality, productivity and team requirements/expectations.