To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Niles, IL
- Phone:: 630-271-1541
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Column Engineering • Niles, IL
Posted 21 days ago
Summary Statement: The experienced Automated Test Engineer designs and develops electronic and acoustical production test fixtures and systems to test the functionality of company products in all production facilities.
- Creates manufacturing test strategies appropriate to new product technology and manufacturing process flows.
- Mentors and guides less experienced Automated Test engineers.
- Leads and manages test development activities on small projects.
- Develops written test plans based on new product requirements and product schematics.
- Develops new test capabilities using off-the-shelf solutions, software-defined test instrumentation, or custom-designed hardware.
- Designs signal paths and switching circuits for functional test fixtures and test systems.
- Creates and maintains schematics, bills of materials, test specifications, and other necessary documentation to support test systems and fixtures.
- Creates and maintains functional test programs to automate test equipment measurements, signal path switching, and product control.
- Provides basic electrical verification and troubleshooting of test fixtures, components, and test racks (continuity, voltages, etc.).
- Troubleshoots measurement issues such as voltage levels, RF (radio frequency) output power, RF and audio frequency response, RF sensitivity, and noise floor.
- Analyzes the reliability and capability of test fixtures, software, and systems, using statistical tools.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of software instrument drivers for test equipment and other custom-designed instrumentation.
- Provides technical support to production facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Engineering Technology, or a related field.
- 5 or more years’ of related experience working with audio, acoustical, and RF principles including analog circuitry, digital circuitry, and digital systems.
- Knowledge of RF communications and RF circuitry is a plus.
- 5 or more years’ experience working with common measurement instruments (digital oscilloscopes, audio analyzers, RF spectrum analyzers, RF generators, etc.).
- 2 years’ experience and programming proficiency with commonly used programming languages (C, C++, Java) and Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Visual Basic / C# .NET or Labview is a plus.
- Working knowledge of embedded systems and programming is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability or project management skills are a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally. (Travel requirement will not typically exceed 15% annually.)
- Candidates with less experience that otherwise possess the required knowledge and skills are encouraged to apply.