To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jim Williamson
- Phone: 502-381-6693
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
CAD Technician - A&E
Power of Design Group • Louisville, KY
Posted 24 days ago
As our A&E CAD Technician, you will be responsible for creating and modifying construction drawing packages that will be used for zoning and permitting. This position will also assist in the development of construction designs and layouts for various site configurations. Additional responsibilities include creating standard A&E drawings and notes, providing document control and quality assurance where applicable.
Position will be located near Louisville, KY.
- Create and modify A&E drawing packages and permit drawings for wireless tower sites.
- Interpret engineering designs, redlines and incorporate into A&E drawing packages.
- Develop necessary templates used to create A&E drawing packages.
- Perform quality assurance on A&E packages created by other A&E detailers.
- Work closely with senior designers to develop drawings, calculations and equipment applications for the cell tower industry using AutoCAD.
- Organizes and analyzes drawings prior to setup and discusses project complexity and time estimates with technical and supervisory personnel.
- Provide technical support to design engineers, project managers and other technicians. Gathers information in the field in the form of measurements and photos for various road, sewer and telecommunications projects.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities.
- Managing workload and ensuring a consistent quality of deliverables.
- Collaborating with others in developing and maintaining client’s CAD standards and operations.
- Updates and maintains, as necessary, existing hard copy design drawings and converts existing hard copy drawings to electronic versions.
- Assists supervisor with various administrative duties, such as engineering records.
- Organizational and follow up capabilities.
- Accountability and delivery on deadline commitments and quality.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Oral communication skills; upward communications.
- Attention to detail, quality work products, and client service.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per company policies.
- A minimum of (3) years experience performing CAD operations for a civil engineering consulting firm.
- Proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets.
- Knowledge/experience in wireless industry a plus.