To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2500 McClellan Avenue
Merchantville, NJ 08109
- Human Resource Department
- Phone:: 856-488-5573
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (FT/PT & ON-CALL) ASL a plus!
South Jersey Behavioral Health Resources • Merchantville, NJ
Posted 20 days ago
SJBHR, Inc. is currently looking for Residential Counselors to fill Full-Time, Part-Time and On-Call positions for the Residential group homes in Camden County.
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator or other supervisor, the Residential Counselor is responsible for ensuring the well being of the program’s residents; promoting a normalized environment and a philosophy of self-care and independence with the goal of consumer wellness and recovery and eventual reintegration into the community. The Residential Counselor is also responsible for the operation, maintenance and security of the agency’s residential facilities and programs during their assigned shift.
****WEEKENDS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS****
- Graduation from an accredited college/university with a Bachelor’s degree in a mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline; or
- A combination of one or more years of college, plus one or more years related experience together equaling four years; or
- A High school diploma or the equivalent, plus four years related experience
- Rehabilitative training and certification provided through SJBHR are required within 2 weeks of employment.
Valid driver’s license is required. Driver’s abstract must meet insurance carrier’s requirements.
Upon hire must satisfactorily complete the SJBHR orientation and competency based adult mental health rehabilitation program training.
***American Sign Language a plus***