To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albuquerque, NM
- Tina Shumate
- Phone: 505-433-3650
- Phone:: 888-501-7542
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Electronics QA Inspector
BEStstaff, Inc. • Albuquerque, NM
Posted 13 days ago
This will be the day shift, and is a temporary to permanent position. We are looking for someone experienced inspecting circuit boards and other electronics in a production environment, with IPC training.
Inspects electronic assemblies, sub-assemblies, parts, and components to assure compliance to customer design documentation and/or industry standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following:
- Interprets customer provided design documentation to determine acceptability criteria.
- Interprets industry standards to determine acceptability criteria.
- Examines assemblies for physical defects such as solder bridges, opens, missing or incorrect components, damaged components, etc..
- Compares hardware on assemblies, sub-assemblies, and parts to parts list to verify installation.
- Examines hardware for specified contact with conductor area.
- Rejects discrepant assembly, part, or component and records type and quantity of defects.
- Measures parts to verify accuracy of dimensions utilizing micrometers, calipers and other various measuring scales.
- Sorts nonconforming assemblies for rework or disposition by the Material Review Board.
- Maintains records of inspection process, progress and results and informs management of results.
- Input Defect / Yield data into Quality database.
- Works under close supervision from Quality Supervisor.
- Is consistently at work and on time. Must adhere to company specified work schedule.
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three to twelve months of experience and/or training in the electronics field inspecting circuit boards, component placement and soldering to IPC standards.
- Language Skills:
Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position.
- Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
- Computer Skills:
- Perform basic computer tasks as assigned. Minimal skills required.
- Daily data entry into an Access database required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to sit.
- The employee is regularly is required to walk.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to reach, handle or feel objects.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually at moderate levels.
You must pass a drug test, and be free of outstanding warrants or felony convictions for this position.
For more job descriptions please visit our website at www.BEStstaffAbq.com and click on the Job Opportunities tab.