To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1700 Rainbow Boulevard
Excelsior Springs, MO 64024
- Joyce Boone
- Phone:: 816-629-2707
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Medical Laboratory Scientist or Technologist - MLS, MT or MLT ASCP (Generalist)
Excelsior Springs, MO
Posted 25 days ago
Excelsior Springs Hospital (ESH) has been providing quality patient care for over 110 years. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with an excellent work environment. ESH is an Equal Opportunity Organization that is located just 30 minutes northeast of downtown Kansas City, MO.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Medical Technologist)
We are currently seeking a MT or MLT to perform a variety of technical procedures to apply laboratory testing for diagnosis. Choose from a full-time position or a PRN position (various shifts.) If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you have been waiting for, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you!
You will perform a wide variety of clinical tests to aid physicians with patient care. You will work under the direction of the pathologist and laboratory director. Specific duties for the role will include:
- Performing testing and processes in all areas of the laboratory
- Maintaining accurate quality control records
- Assisting in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies
- Ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local requirements
- Performing instrument maintenance as needed and recording maintenance procedures appropriately
- Maintaining personal and professional confidentiality at all times
- Performing other duties as assigned
MLS, MT or MLT (ASCP)
Full-Time: Night shift working Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 12 hour shifts - 6pm to 6:30am.
PRN: Various shifts available
You must be self-motivated and able to function effectively on an independent basis in a clinical laboratory. You must also be highly detail oriented with solid organizational skills. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Completion of MLS, MT or MLT program
- ASCP certification
- Working knowledge of basic laboratory procedures
- Background knowledge of human pathophysiology
- Minimum 1 year of generalist experience, highly preferred