To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plainville, CT 06062
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Wheeler Clinic • Plainville, CT
Posted 6 days ago
The Admissions Coordinator facilitates referrals to all Wheeler Clinic Schools. This includes Northwest Village School and the Academy of Wheeler Clinic. The Admissions Coordinator maximizes support for student learning by developing and demonstrating professionalism, collaboration with others and leadership staff.
Wheeler provides equitable access to innovative care that improves health, recovery and growth at all stages of life.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
· Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
· Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $500 per year
· Wellness Programs
· Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
· Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
· Company paid long-term disability insurance
· 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
· Education Reimbursement Program
· Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
· Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
· Employee discounts at local spa and on Verizon Wireless services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Referral to Placement Services: The Admissions Coordinator is an integral part of the Referral to Placement Process and should represent the Wheeler Clinic values in all communications with referral agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Receive and review all incoming referral packets. Ensure all necessary information is received or facilitate receipt of additional information.
· In consultation with Education Director and clinical staff to facilitate visits, tours and initial intake interviews. Using a variety of communication methods ensure families and referring agencies receive timely communication.
· Co-facilitate with clinical staff, the intake interview and collaborate with Team and Education Director regarding admission determination.
· Identify potential risk factors and take measures to reduce those risks in the milieu through reinforcement of positive and safe behaviors, trauma-informed and relationally-based therapeutic interventions, and reporting of suspected child abuse/neglect, according to agency policies and procedures.
· Trains and participates in emergency safety interventions authorized and approved by the agency, when a student presents with an imminent safety concern.
Professional Development and CEU Coordination:
· Coordinate with the Wheeler Program Professional Development Director the roles and responsibilities related to the Elevate System for school-based educational and clinical staff.
· Track and monitor compliance with required trainings.
· Maintain on-going accounts of staff requiring mandated trainings.
· Prepare attendance and evaluation documents with administrative assistant support.
Oversee Collection and Reporting of Outcome Measures:
· In collaboration with the VP and AVP of Education Services identify, measure, and report on specific outcome measures related to student outcomes.
· Provide quarterly updates to administrative team on identified outcome measures.
Continues to develop knowledge and understanding about the history, traditions, values, family systems, and artistic expression of groups served as well as uses appropriate methodological approaches, skills, and techniques that reflect an understanding of culture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Certification in Special Education plus a minimum of 3 years experience teaching students with special education needs although 2 or more years experience as a Head or Master Teacher is preferred or licensure in a clinical field with a minimum of 3 years experience providing clinical services to students with special needs.
Full time, 12 month position