To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Round Rock, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant General Manager
Austin Sonic, Inc • Round Rock, TX
Posted 7 days ago
SONIC DRIVE-IN JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: OPERATING PARTNER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: MULTI UNIT PARTNER
STATUS: SALARIED, EXEMPT
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Manages and is responsible for operations, training and development of all employees within a Sonic Drive-In. Leads the drive-in employees in order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Manages, trains and coaches drive-in employees, management and conducts orientation.
2. Directs and assigns drive-in employees and management to perform all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep, Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
3. Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices. Takes appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy violations to his/her immediate supervisor.
4. Performs opening and/or closing duties to standard.
5. Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels during assigned shift.
6. Prepares employee work schedules in a timely manner to ensure continuous ability to properly serve guests in accordance with Sonic Drive-In policy and applicable law.
7. Monitors and maintains inventory levels to ensure product availability and portion control. Places orders for food, paper and other supplies within cost control procedures.
8. Monitors performance of vendors.
9. Completes and maintains all drive-in employment-related records and payroll records.
10. Reinforces the importance of placing guests’ needs first to drive-in employees on a consistent basis.
11. Immediately resolves guest requests and complaints in a respectful manner.
12. Recruits, interviews and hires crew and management team members to achieve proper staffing levels.
13. Determines compensation levels of drive-in employees within company guidelines.
14. Prepares all necessary operational reports. Develops appropriate action plans to resolve unfavorable financial and/or sales trends.
15. Develops and implements a marketing plan.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management, or related fields are preferred
• Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
• Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and laws relating to employment and labor practices, Equal Employment Opportunity and wage and hour compliance
• Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
• Knowledge of federal, state and local health and sanitation laws and regulations
• Leadership and supervisory practices and skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Basic accounting skills
• Time management skills
• Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work at least 50 hours per workweek.
• Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to use restaurant planning tools
• Works with autonomy
• Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR certification and other Sonic Drive-in training programs
• Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing or packaging menu items and/or cleaning
ENVIRONMENT: Frequent exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking. Frequent exposure to freezer when stocking food items. Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.
At Sonic, we value:
Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
Importance of relationships as a way of life.
Doing different, special and better things to surprise and delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.