To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Plainville, CT 06062
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Special Education Teacher
Wheeler Clinic • Plainville, CT
Posted 10 days ago
The Special Education Teacher has primary responsibility for planning, facilitating implementation and monitoring progress in the areas of IEP development, differentiated and modified instruction and behavior management in their assigned classroom or area. This teacher may also assume primary responsibility for the planning of one academic subject area. In addition, the teacher will serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. Ongoing collaboration and communication with Team members and broader program staff is essential for successful implementation of this position. Successful teachers within the Wheeler Clinic Schools consistently demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of how children learn as well as a command of a broad array of subjects and pedagogical skills combined with caring deeply about students and their success.
We are currently hiring for openings that support Elementary Level, Middle School Level and High School Level Students.
This is a 10 month position.
Wheeler Clinic fosters positive change in the lives of individuals and families, as well as in communities. We provide cutting-edge human services that address a diverse range of needs and backgrounds, enhance strengths and provide the supports that encourage recovery from challenges for a satisfying life in the community.
Wheeler Clinic offers access to a comprehensive array of benefits, including:
For Good Health
- Anthem Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA), with company contribution of up to $1,000 per year
- Wellness Programs
- Free annual flu shots
For a Secure Future
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Company paid long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Plan, with clinic contributions for eligible employees
For Career Advancement
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Training and development opportunities
For Work Life Balance
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling
- Employee discounts at local spa and on Verizon Wireless services
Wheeler Clinic is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
Affirmative-Action Equal Opportunity Employer
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must be certified special education teachers. Behavior management skills and experience are a plus.