To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Belmar, NJ
- Tony Barhoum
- Phone: 813-333-9880
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TRANSPORTATION / HIGHWAY ENGINEER
Futures Consulting • Belmar, NJ
Posted 7 days ago
TRANSPORTATION / HIGHWAY ENGINEER, Belmar, NJ
Team Leader / Senior Project Manager
Experience (Years): 15-20
NJDOT, NJTA, Port Authority of NJ & NY
We have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager/ Team Leader to become part of a dynamic Transportation Engineering group. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of roadway, traffic and bridge projects. Join our team and help us expand beyond the borders of Monmouth County and the State of New Jersey. The successful candidate will be someone with a strong transportation design background also demonstrating exceptional leadership, communication and business acumen. The successful candidate will lead multi-disciplined teams in completing infrastructure projects, assist in expanding the business within Tri State Area, and support the other business center leaders through cross-selling and resource sharing. The opportunity exists, with this position, for advancement within the organization.
Seeking a Senior Project Manager/Team Leader to serve the vital function of positioning the company as the leader in the highway and transportation markets. The team player we seek must have a BS/MS degree in Civil/Transportation Engineering and 15-20 years of experience with New Jersey Counties, NJDOT, NJTA, Port Authority of NJ & NY as well as similar public agencies. The candidate will be responsible for supervising staff and document production, monitoring budgets and schedules, marketing new projects, preparing proposals, and interfacing regularly with clients. Project management consulting experience, in-depth background in the design of highways and roads, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a New Jersey PE license are required. Candidates must have the ability to market and sell services, lead and manage engineering staff on multiple projects and be extremely profit and growth oriented. The ability to manage and supervise design teams and interact well with client management teams is essential.
As a Senior Project Manager/Team Leader, you will be responsible for the delivery of complex transportation projects for clients across New Jersey. Your responsibilities will include:
- Directing roadway design staff and managing multi-disciplined project teams through project management excellence.
- Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
- Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
- Working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators.
- Building a strong technical quality culture and team
- Attracting key staff to our Highway / Transportation team to facilitate growth.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff.
Capabilities and Credentials:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with at least 15 years of professional experience.
- P.E. in the State of New Jersey.
- Proven project management skills on complex mufti-discipline projects.
- Familiarity with related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation will be considered a bonus.
- Must be an individual who has the ability to lead and mentor junior engineers and inspire team members to work together cohesively as a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with highway and roadway engineering practices and principles.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the New Jersey market.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding on the various Transportation consultancy sectors.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, and Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
Salary compensable based upon experience and credentials. $100-$150K