To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1177 North Warson Road
St. Louis, MO 63132
- Amber D.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
St. Louis Arc • St. Louis, MO
Posted 29 days ago
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Full and part-time opportunities within our Residential Program
Shifts may vary (weekdays, weekends, and holidays included)
If you have a passion to make a difference in peoples lives - this may be the opportunity for you!
We have an immediate need in our Residential Program for Direct Service Professionals (DSP).
Residential services help people lead fulfilling lives in an environment of their choosing. Services provided in a variety of arrangements, including group living on a campus, community living in homes and appartments, or through support to allow a person to continue living in their family home.
The objective of this position is to provide high quality supports to individuals with developmental disabilities. DSP's will support and serve individuals with their daily living needs, medical, social, and recreational access, and community resources. The DSP will advocate and educate for individual rights; be aware of barriers or obstacles to independence, strive to meet goals and objectives of the individual and the agency; and comply with agency training and policies.
Skills and abilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to make sound decisions
- Able to effectively communicate in both verbal and written format
- Strong customer service skills
- Positive and professional attitude presented both inside and outside of the agency as it relates to work
- Able to attend work regularly
- Able to use keyboard and perform basic computer navigation
If you are a team player with enthusiasm for making a difference in someones life - you may be a fit for this position!!
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED required (proof is required)
- One year experience in human services field strongly preferred
- Some college coursework in human services is preferred
Licensing and Certifications (a short grace period may be provided to attain these requirements):
- Class E Missouri Driver's License
- First Aid
Pre Employment Checks and Screenings:
- Family Care Safety Registry through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services
- Criminal background check
- Driver Record Check
- Education Verification
- Reference Checking
- Drug Screening