To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baltimore, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Gannett Fleming • Baltimore, MD
Posted 7 days ago
Throughout our 100-year history, Gannett Fleming has been an innovator and leader on a global level, providing world-class services in engineering, consulting, design, program, and construction management. With more than 60 offices worldwide, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms.
Our people are our secret to Excellence Delivered As Promised! We have fostered a culture of promoting progressive thinking to tackle complex engineering challenges – transforming creative ideas into reality! We are committed to supporting your career goals by providing professional development and training and the opportunity to work with respected industry thought leaders, while at the same time encouraging a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits and perks are competitive because we want to see a smile on your face as we change the world together.
Since 1915, Gannett Fleming has played a major role in some of the most multifaceted and iconic engineering accomplishments in the world. Join us on our journey as we continue to provide thought-provoking, customized solutions to our clients, improving and sustaining communities for the next 100 years!Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Electrical Engineer for our Baltimore, MD office.
The Electrical Engineer will assist in design of power distribution and generation systems, lighting and control systems, perform electrical systems calculations, perform load analysis for different stages of design, prepare electrical construction drawings and basis of design reports, prepare power distribution one-line diagrams, select equipment and lighting fixtures, and coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Perform site survey of existing system conditions for interface between a new system design and the existing electrical systems.
- Collaborate with and provide support during construction activities to other engineering disciplines as needed.
- Participate in meetings with clients, state agencies, city agencies, utility service representatives and project teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required.
- EIT certification is required.
- 2 to 4 years progressive experience in the engineering and design of electrical power distribution and lighting systems.
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Experience working in Microstation and/or Revit is preferred.
- Knowledge of power distribution systems including low voltage, emergency/standby systems and motor control centers is preferred.
- Knowledge of performing lighting calculations using VISUAL or AGI32 is preferred.
- Experience performing computerized short circuit, coordination & arc flash studies using SKM Power tools is preferred.
- Firm understanding of the National Electrical Code, NFPA and IEEE standards is a plus.
- Experience with special systems including fire alarm, security and telecommunications is a plus.
- Experience with facility surveys, reports, feasibility studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, and construction activity support is a plus.
- Must have the ability to work as a team member to meet tight deadlines.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn and contribute to the overall success of projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.