To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Homewood, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Cash Accounting Specialist
Advantage Resourcing • Homewood, AL
Posted 1 day ago
Travel - None
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Accounting - Finance
LAST UPDATED: Aug 16, 2017
- Position reports to: Manager, Cash Accounting
- Position Supervises: None
Total education, vocational training and experience: (NEW GRADS OK)
- 4 year college degree preferred (OR 2+ years of banking, cash reconciliation experience)
- 2 plus years of working experience in the area of general ledger accounting and cash reconciliation preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Operate 10 key calculators, fax and copy machines
- Ability to type with efficiency using computer keyboard
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and Word
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliations as assigned.
- Research and resolve open reconciliation items following policy and procedures.
- Prepare various spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Ensure validity of documentation received for processing.
- Determine the appropriate general ledger account code for items to be entered into the accounting system & record necessary journal entries.
- Communicate discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Miscellaneous projects when necessary.
- Confer with Supervisor on unusual or complex questions.
- Must be dependable, deadline driven, display good work ethics and a team player.
- Other duties as assigned.
Language Requirements: English
Job ID: 109-180-2
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.