To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Mirada, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Harbor Freight Tools • La Mirada, CA
Posted 13 days ago
- Reviews point of sale transactions for compliance with company policies and procedures; reconciles cash with sales records daily; performs general recordkeeping and accounting duties; handles deposits and banking; collects, organizes, records and files information; performs computer data entry as required.
- Greets customers in person and by phone, answers questions, addresses concerns, and offers assistance as needed. May demonstrate product uses, operation, specifications and maintenance.
- Handles all types of customer transactions; receives payment and/or obtains credit card authorization and is responsible for ensuring accuracy of such processes.
- Provides training for new cashiers on policies and procedures related to point of sale computer system.
- May oversee the checkout stations and the effective operation of the front of the store: regularly monitors checkout stations to ensure adequate cash available.
- Assists by preparing sales tickets and operating point of sales terminal as needed. Ensures that checkout areas are properly maintained in clean and orderly condition; approves transactions that require multiple review.
- Acts on behalf of Assistant Store Manager or Store Manager in the absence of either or both of these individuals; may maintain access to store doors, safe, and alarm, and assists with opening and closing the store.
- Explains warranties and presents the company Extended Service Plans options.
- May assist in receiving and placing new merchandise on display and maintaining product displays to ensure that they meet company standards.
- May operate forklift or other merchandise moving equipment.
- Assists in checking inventory of stock in order to be up to date on current and future product availability locally and throughout the district in order to be prepared for customer inquiries.
- Researches availability of merchandise and processes orders as needed.
- May be required to operate forklift or other merchandise moving equipment.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to solve practical problems and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to support and adapt to change
- Able to lift and/or move heavy items weighing between 26- 72 pounds on an intermittent basis
- Requires standing and moving for entire shift.
• 2+ progressive years experience in retail and/or customer service related field
• Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
• Demonstrated understanding of functions related to cashiering, bookkeeping, customer service and product warranties/ exchange
• Knowledge of hand, air, or power tools helpful
• Computer, 10-key calculator, cash register, point of sale terminal, and other various office equipment skills.