To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wellesley, MA 02481
- Phone:: (781) 935-6152
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
System Administration Advisor
Randstad Technologies • Wellesley, MA
Posted over 3 years
- Acts as the key technical resource in the design, architecture and deployment of new systems to keep the system environment stable and interruptions to a minimum in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
- Participates in the planning phase for system requirements on various projects for deployment of business functions.
- Owns tasks for implementation of new hardware, operating systems and other required software on the systems.
- Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies and works with other professional technical staff in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Acts as a technical resource / mentor for less experienced team members.
- Performs change management planning.
- Performs server tuning.
- Performs operating system upgrades.
- 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong knowledge of System Administration and Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of Systems Hardware.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Level Systems infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of Datacenter Operations.
- Basic knowledge of network technologies.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards and audit requirements.
- Competencies: Customer Service, Report Interpretation, Team work, Time Management, Knowledge Management, Business writing, Effective meeting, Effective presentations, Problem solving.
- Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.
Additional Job Details
- Support the NetBackup environment at a Tier 3 level. This environment consists of multiple tape libraries with Data Domain infrastructure with server counts in excess of 900. You will support a mixed environment of Windows, Novell SUSE Linux, RedHat Linux and HPUX clients and be responsible for all daily operation activities with opportunities to troubleshoot high level issues.
- In this role, you will also work with other Netbackup team members on design implementations of new NetBackup technologies and features.
- Symantec NetBackup ( ver 7.x ) experience 3-5 years
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot all aspects of the NetBackup environment, including fiber switches and Tape Libraries
- Large Oracle implementation will also require some Oracle RMAN skills including scripting knowledge
- Symantec Ops Center experience a plus as well as knowledge of other NetBackup technologies
- Needs to be able to work independently and be creative
- Strong team player, with good communication and documentation skills a must
- Certifications preferred
- Strong hardware support, including DL and BL HP and Intel Server line
- Dell Blade experience - Linux/UNIX/Windows Server OS familiarity
- Fiber Switch management as it applies to Netbackup and ADIC tape libraries and Data Domain devices
- VMWare Experience
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $20.0 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.
Job ID: 336159
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.