To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chattanooga, TN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Non-CDL Dockworker - Part Time
AAA Cooper Transportation • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 12 days ago
Dockworkers will safely load, unload, and move our customers' shipments across our Service Centers docks to meet the requirements of our customers' shipments primarily using forklifts. This positioncould offera variety of shifts to accomplish the task of meeting our customer's needs.
As a part-time AAA Cooper Transportation employee, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Weekly direct deposits
- Load and unload trailers and move freight across the terminal dock, either individually or with assistance of co-worker, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment, as required.
- Load freight to and from dock and trailers according to specifications of Bills of Lading, delivery receipts, packaging labels, etc.
- Plan the loading of freight onto trailers to fully utilize available space and minimize the risk of damage.
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors, including cranking lever to raise and lower landing gear.
- Inspect equipment for defects and safe operating condition as required by state/federal laws and AAA Cooper.
- Fuel trucks, tractors, and other company equipment.
- Clean, sweep and wash dock, trailers, yard, tractor and other work areas.
- Perform all other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 18 years or older
- Pass pre-employment drug screen
- Satisfactory background check
- Have the ability to be certified as a forklift operator
- Be familiar with proper procedures for handling hazardous materials.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations that govern a safe work environment.
- Read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Count, add, and subtract digits up to 10,000's.
- Flexible hours
A dockworker must have the ability to:
- Perform frequent actions such as: squatting, bending, twisting, turning and reaching overhead.
- Enter and exit trailers as many as 40+ times per day with the assistance of various handholds and steps.
- Perform frequent pushing and pulling of freight up to 500 lbs. on a dolly or cart, as well as, freight weighing more than 100 lbs. with or without mechanical aid.
- Frequently carry freight weighing up to 110 lbs. of varying size and shape up to a distance of 53 feet.
- Spend up to 85% of the day standing and/or walking on surfaces such as concrete, wood, or metal.
- Hook/unhook various commercial vehicle combinations, manually lower and raise landing gear, operate the fifth wheel release lever, and open and close the cargo door.