To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Belmar, NJ
- Tony Barhoum
- Phone: 813-333-9880
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER / DEPARTMENT HEAD
Futures Consulting • Belmar, NJ
Posted 3 days ago
We are a multi-discipline engineering firm, with corporate headquarters in New Jersey and with branch offices in NJ and NY. We are committed to bringing exceptional service and value to each project through focused attention, timely response, and innovative solutions.
Preferred Candidate will have experience with Mechanical design for buildings new construction and renovations, the ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design, and a sincere commitment in learning new skills and accepting new responsibilities.
Experience in Commercial & Education Projects
- Establish standards of operation and practices for the entire department, including calculations, design methodology, CAD practices and master specifications
- Meeting deadlines for the department and the firm as a whole
- Review all the department documents and deliverables for accuracy and quality, including letters, reports, etc.
- Provide leadership within the department and with other department heads and senior management
- Manage the workload and time management of all department staff, including planning and allocation of staffing resources
- Manage all staff within the department, and participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Involvement with H.R. in actively recruiting new employees, as well as recognition of individual staff accomplishments, as well as disciplinary actions and terminations
- Promote in a positive manner the company and advocate on the company’s behalf to all members of the department
- Actively participate and successfully deliver new business development, as well as maintain existing client relationships
- Develop and maintain QA/QC, as well as establish benchmarks and performance appraisal for each staff member within the department and as appropriate.
- Provide continuous and on-going candid input to the senior management and principals which will result in improvement to the company’s overall success
- Mentor all employees, including staff outside the department of responsibility
- Develop and maintain on-going education activities within the department and for others outside the department
- Actively involved and staying current in all aspects of consulting engineering, including but not limited to: design, codes, emerging technologies, industry trends, liabilities, standard of care, registration and licensure.
- Generate, develop and ensure department profitability and accountability
- Grow the department in size and recognition in the industry consistent with the company’s goals and objectives
- Successfully execute responsibilities and activities of a Level IV Engineer
- Assist and contribute to the company’s goals, policies and overall well-being of the company
- Preferable background in design for healthcare, higher education, bio-pharma, industrial project types.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE or EIT registration is preferred but NOT required
- 10-15 years of experience in consulting engineering with strong electrical background.