To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Civil Engineer - Pre-engineered metal building design
Varco Pruden Buildings, Inc. • US-Nationwide
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Varco Pruden Buildings, a world leader in the pre-engineered steel systems construction industry, has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer in our Regional Service Center located in St. Joseph, MO.
Varco Pruden, a division of BlueScope Buildings, offers a competitive pay and benefits package and the advantage of a casual environment that is professionally supportive and quality driven.
Qualified Engineers will be responsible for producing structural engineering designs and details for low-rise, non-residential building construction using our computer aided design program.
- Assuring customer design service needs are met by meeting design schedule
- Providing accurate and efficient designs for detailing and manufacturing that meet the customer’s requirements in a timely manner
- Participating in a collaborative work environment with Engineers, Technicians, Project Managers, Clarifiers, Estimators and Manufacturing personnel
- Focusing on achieving regional objective and profitability goals as part of a high performance work team
- Providing technical assistance to Builders on specific projects
- Participating in a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in structural building design
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Design software experience
- Working knowledge of steel structures
- Familiar with building codes and ability to read architectural drawings
- Pre-engineered metal building design
- PE certification
EEO Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.