To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Redwood City, Menlo Park, CA
- Phone: (323) 724-1700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Wine Warehouse • Redwood City, Menlo Park, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Family-owned Distributor of Fine Wine, Craft Beer and premium spirits seeking a full-time Chain Sales Representative for the following area(s):
Redwood City, Menlo Park
Performs field sales activities of making sales of company products within a designated geographical territory to local chain store decision makers. Provides product sales information to customers within the same designated territory. Makes sales intended to meet and exceed monthly sales goals and completes administrative sales related reports.
- Sales Representative is responsible for spending 100 % of his or her work time selling company products and engaging in sales related activities that are necessary prerequisites to making sales of company products to local chain store decision makers
- Sales Representative is given each month a tracking package with sales goals on all Wine Warehouse products for each designated territory. Sales Representative is responsible for achieving or exceeding those sales goals
- Sales Representative is expected to make sales presentations in all chain stores in the applicable territory. These sales presentations are intended to persuade local store decision makers to purchase company products including, but are not limited to products that are monthly priorities on tracking, cold boxes and shelf placements
- Selling and tracking all cold box placements. Makes regular sales presentations of Wine Warehouse items including for superior sales placements in all cold boxes in a designated territory
- Maintaining the sales and distribution of old and new Wine Warehouse products in every chain store in Sales Representative’s sales territory
- Ordering DSD(Direct Store Delivery) product for all applicable Wine Warehouse Accounts, including, but not limited to, beer, wine, seasonal specialty items, discontinued and promotional items
- Researching and analyzing the sales trends for each account by chain; understanding the business strategies of each chain; and the practices of each chain decision maker to persuade local chain store decision makers to purchase company products
- Displaying products sold by the Sales Representative to the store in a specific designated location, for the purpose of increasing product visibility and to promote more product sales and re-orders from the Sales Representative
- Investigating customer complaints or concerns on product pricing, product availability or matters involving deliveries
- Preparing and assisting in any and all supplier surveys or ride-withs that are scheduled in any specific territory
- Effectively using point-of-sale materials to enhance sales by promoting products resulting in additional sales by the Sales Representative to the local store decision maker(s). Sales Representative is required to use and maintain all point-of-sale materials supplied to them by each supplier
- Ability to manage sales territory and sell company products
- Four (4) year college degree or two (2) years demonstrated sales experience, preferably of wines, beers and spirits
- Demonstrates a commitment to performing the job “the right way” with a high level of attention to details and high personal standards of performance
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within a 10-15 mile radius of the territory is preferred
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word and Excel), with the ability to utilize company-provided communication systems and devices
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and sales presentation skills
- Can work in the field in a sales territory with minimum supervision
- Must possess valid unrestricted California Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation and good driving record is required
- Servicing accounts (8-10) daily, requiring driving and getting in and out of the vehicle
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach, and lift 50 pounds or more
- Building displays of product sold in store, cutting cases of product
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing is required
- Business Mileage reimbursement
- Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) profit sharing, and paid vacation and holidays.