To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance & Engineering Manager: Plastics
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Cedar Rapids, IA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FAST APPLY - Quick and Confidential
Maintenance Manager & Plant Engineer
-- direct hire with benefits & relo–
- LOCATION: Cedar Rapids / Davenport, Iowa area – will discuss on the phone.
- PAY RANGE: Up to $128K + bonus + relocation package
- Maintenance background that you need: You have a completed engineering degree and you have managed 5+ maintenance personnel before. Plastics Manufacturing experience would be a bonus.
This is your chance to work with a global plastics manufacturing company with multiple locations in North America. This Iowa location has around 185 employees and 15 maintenance personnel. It provides high level engineering and staff-side support. Controls here are Siemens S7, Allen Bradley ControlLogix; drives are Yaskawa. We will discuss machinery types and end products while we speak on the phone.
THE JOB: Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Engineer, Engineering Manager, Plant Engineer
This job is both plant engineer and maintenance manager; your duties will be a mixture of people management, engineering analyses, and driving projects. You will *not* be walking into a mess; this plant has solid PM’s and predictive maintenance plans in place. A person previously holding this role is still with the company, but decided to hold a non-management role. The most immediate goal you will face is people management. That is, putting your A-players in the right spots, developing your team where you think is needed, and getting them to take sincere ownership over their equipment and duties. There will be engineering efforts around the plant of replacing all of the drives – yes all – on both production and facilities equipment. This is not your project, but you will likely be exposed to it. The plant manager would really prefer a BSEE background, but thinks that a BSME with proficient controls experience will work, too.
- Required: BSEE, BSME, BSIE, BS Plastics Engineering. (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering /
- Electrical Engineer with a Controls Engineer or Automation Engineer background would be nice, but is not required.
- Preferred but not required: Plastics Manufacturing experience: Injection Molding, Blow molding, Blown Film, Cast Film, film extrusion and converting/coating, sheet extrusion & thermoforming, web-fed flexographic printing, web-based paper manufacturing.