To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Architect (information technology)
Avangrid • US-Nationwide
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a full time role with Avangrid located in Orange, CT
The IT Architect will develop few main activities, working with the global architecture team:
- Define and evolve technology strategy; contribute to develop the IT architecture (Hardware & Software) model of the company in this space, as well as the road map of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state.
- Application of the technology strategy; specify, design and select the technology solutions in this space to satisfy business requirements ensuring they are in line with the enterprise architecture model.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements and drivers to identify technology opportunities.
- Analyze the IT environment (hardware & Software) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead the evaluation and selection of technology approaches to reinforce and evolve the global enterprise architecture model.
- Be accountable for defining, creating and socializing end-to-end design and development for business solutions.
- Technology awareness: Research and analyze a wide array of industry, technology and business trends including Information Security, Software & Hardware.
- Document all IT architecture design and analysis work.
- Within the agreed enterprise architecture model, define and design technology solutions to assist the business in meeting their business objectives.
- Lead definition and socialization of end-to-end solutions.
- Provide advisory help for projects in the business intelligence, big data and analytics space.
- Participate in the definition of technical standards and guidelines that pertain to data and information use, security, access and governance (including defining accountabilities in support of data quality mandates).
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Construct, refine and maintain information models, as needed, to meet business requirements.
- Ensure timely and appropriate information models exist to aid projects.
- Develop a model management strategy in support of enterprise reuse and data-sharing objectives.
- Coordinate new development activities and ensure they are consistent and well integrated with the established enterprise information architecture, using metadata management and/or a repository to promote reuse and standards adoption.
- Assist in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
- Participate in key project design reviews as part of the methodology process to ensure application designs adhere to enterprise architecture guidelines.
- Interface with the business community and provide ongoing status reports.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related study (such as Library Science), or equivalent related project experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in IT, with a minimum of 2 years in information systems design.
- In-depth experience designing and implementing information solutions.
- Knowledgeable in the design and construction of information architectures that enable well-integrated transactional, collaborative and analytical systems.
- Data/information modeling expertise at the enterprise level.
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or create, read, update, and/or delete matrices).
- Good knowledge or prior experience with different technologies like UNIX, Windows Systems, IT Networking.
- Working knowledge of:
- BI tools (Business Objects, MicroStrategy)
- Datamining languages (R, Python) and tools (RapidMiner, SAS, Notebooks)
- Hadoop (MapReduce, Hive, Hbase) and Spark
- NonSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- ETL/ELT tools (Informatica Power Center, Talend, IBM DataStage, Oracle ODI)
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives.
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About Us –
AVANGRID, Inc.is a diversified energy and utility company with more than $31 billion in assets and operations in 27 states. The company operates regulated utilities and electricity generation through two primary lines of business. Avangrid Networks is comprised of eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving 3.1 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables operates 6.5 gigawatts of electricity capacity, primarily through wind power, in 22 states across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 6,800 people.