To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX 77064
- Kiran Goud
- Phone: 317-210-8728
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
BCforward • Houston, TX
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Core Technician II
Location: Houston, TX 77064
Duration: 10+ months.
- Under general supervision, Sets up, operate and maintains shop machinery
- Organize, sample, cut, drill or sand core samples in shop
- Follow written and verbal direction and maintain a lab notebook and/or task sheets with detailed notes
- Understand and comply with all safety requirements and company policies of client
- Able to remain focused in repetitive tasks, computer literate with good communication skills required
- Laboratory, mechanical, construction or carpentry experience are a plus
- Background in Math or Science are also a plus- Must be able to lift 50+lbs
- Know and understand Clients Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Client.
- Perform tests/experiments in the lab.
- Document test data according to company standards.
- Perform routine Quality Analysis / Quality Control tests before and during the lab analysis.
- Operate and maintain lab testing equipment; as well as, appearance of the lab.
- Interface with other lab personnel and communicate lab results as requested in timely and organized fashion.
- Comply with Client Training and requirements via Employee Connect.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Communicate with clients and report data and/or results.
- Write reports.
Skills & knowledge:
- Basic laboratory technique
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to work closely with various lab personnel and work well individually.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, including long and/or irregular hours.
- Knowledge of testing equipment used and tests to be performed.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Core Analysis Preferred
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.