To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Worth, TX
- Jennifer Mendenhall
- Phone: 877-720-7180
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Wholesale Government Underwriter
Talent Resource LLC. • Fort Worth, TX
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Talent Resource is a unique kind of recruiting company. We specialize in placing professionals within the Real Estate & Financial Services industries nationwide. We strive to build meaningful relationships with both, our clients and candidates in order to make the right match – every time. At Talent Resource we are “Network Recruiters” which means we go beyond the jobs boards to find the best candidates for clients.
We are currently looking for an experienced Wholesale DE Underwriter
This position will have a department functional title of Underwriter. Requirements include a thorough working knowledge of and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, assets, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to insure loans meet company standards for sale into secondary market. Person will identify, analyze and balance transactional, borrower and property related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counter offer or denial.
Review of Loan Application Package – The underwriter shall review the loan application package using verified data in the loan submission package.
Quality of the Loan – The underwriter shall ensure that the quality of loans conforms to government regulations, company standards and standards for sale to the secondary market.
Responsibilities and Duties
the underwriter will review the loan application package using verified data from the loan submission package. Evaluate the following:
- The borrower’s income relative to financial obligations
- The adequacy of the credit quality and borrower qualifications
- The sources of funds
- The security property
- The loan terms, LTV and ratios making sure they meet the program guidelines
- Run file through AUS (LP/DU/DO) when applicable
- Review application in LOS for accuracy
- Notify processor and loan officer of decision made. Approve loan in accordance with appropriate terms and conditions, counter-offers if the term does not meet company Lending’s standards and guidelines, or deny the loan
- Reviews and clears all conditions
- Maintains current knowledge of all loan products and origination requirements
- Ensures accuracy of loan disclosures and documentation
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting experience preferably in a Wholesale environment
- Excellent understand of secondary market guidelines (FNMA/FHLMC/GNMA)
- Effective analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong understanding of mortgage process flow of 1-4 family, condo and coop from processing to closing
- Self-starter, self-reliant, dependable, ability to work within and meet specific time constraints
- Experience with AUS (LP/DU) and knowledge of mortgage insurance
- DE/LAPP Certification REQUIRED
- Proficient in running and analyzing AUS (DU/LP/DO)
- Excellent communication skills
CAN WORK REMOTE UP TO 3 DAYS PER WEEK SO MUST BE LOCAL TO DALLAS/IRVING
For immediate consideration please email resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]