To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
725 North Pennsylvania Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Delsie Cavanaugh
- Phone: 13176331861
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Staff Accountant
Partners In Housing Dev. Corp. • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Staff Accountant
The Senior Staff Accountant reports to the Deputy Director and is responsible for planning, directing and managing all financial functions. This is accomplished through carefully prepared and continually monitored budgets, executing financial policies set by the Board, producing monthly statements and managing the day-to-day financial activity of the organization.
- Establish, monitor and enforce sound accounting policies and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and contract/grant requirements, including internal controls.
- Prepare and publish monthly financial statements, including budget comparison reports, cash flow reports, balance sheet reports, project reports, and special reports per request.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting and reporting financial data.
- Lead the development of operating and capital budgets and forecasts in accordance with the corporate objectives and assist in financial aspects of business plans.
- Monitor investments and other financial matters requiring supervision.
- Prepare reports and schedules for external auditors and other funding sources.
- Coordinate preparation and filing of required tax information in compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Coordinate annual independent audit of the organizations financial operations.
- Coordinate and/or process primary financial documents (bills, payments, bank statements, donor information, etc.) as they are received into the organization.
- Monitor accounts receivables, accounts payables, and loan ledger activities.
- Manage internal control of receipts and disbursements.
- Monitor and/or conduct monthly closing and bank account reconciliation.
- Manage checking, savings, investment, and escrow accounts, including transfer of funds.
- Manage all general ledger and subsidiary ledgers systems including; loans payable, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and job construction financial management.
- Manage and/or oversee all transactions, journal entries and postings to the general ledger.
- Supervision of financial department staff.
- Act as liaison to the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Support and demonstrate through actions the mission, vision, and values of Partners In Housing.
- Requires thorough knowledge of general accepted accounting principles and proven effectiveness in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field (CPA is preferred).
- Minimum of four years of nonprofit accounting experience.
- Prior training and experience in desktop computing using Windows Operating Systems.
- Quickbooks and Yardi experience is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the necessary knowledge abilities skills as stated in the job description may be considered.
- Commitment to the mission of Partners In Housing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and analytical skills.
- Basic computing skills, including Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of the homeless population.
- Able to work effectively with diverse populations.