To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- John Reid
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Generalist
Emerge Professional • Chicago, IL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Our longest standing client is seeking a Contract Human Resources Generalist to Assist with upcoming onboarding ramp and ongoing employee relations services to associates during peak season. The Human Resources Generalist will utilize proactive and responsive approaches to solve employee relations related issues and promote a positive and productive work environment. The Human Resources Generalist will work as part of a team to ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, policies and practices. The Human Resources Generalist works collaboratively with all levels of the organization to maximize overall organizational effectiveness.
- Provides support for employee relations matters, ensuring compliance, consistency and clear communication and interpretation of policies.
- Exercises and promotes the 'Open Door Policy', being available to employees as needed for guidance and support on employment related matters
- Conducts internal investigations into employment related matters and brings to resolution
- Prepares documentation for and/or leads unemployment processing
- Execute employee on-boarding initiatives, and work with Recruiting team on staffing challenges
- Leads or assists new hire orientation and other internal training offerings
- Demonstrate knowledge and fluency in labor laws (including, but not limited to unemployment) and ensures compliance with federal and state regulations
- Coach and mentor all levels of the company
- Conducts employee counseling sessions and exit interviews
- Prepares and analyzes HR reports as needed
- Collaborates on development, implementation and communication of HR procedures and policies
- At least 4 years of Generalist experience
- High professional ethics, good judgment, and the ability to take decisive action
- Superb communication (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills
- Unquestioned integrity and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite