To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4555 Investment Drive
Troy, MI 48098
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union • Troy, MI
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union (MSGCU) has been providing families with trustworthy financial products and dependable services for sixty years. Throughout our rich history of helping members “set it right" for themselves and their families, we have grown to be the 7th largest Credit Union in Michigan and the largest Credit Union in Macomb county with over 110,000 members and over $1.6 billion in assets. MSGCU is continuing to grow and has 13branches across Macomb, Oakland and Wayne.
If you have a passion for helping people and giving fair and dependable service, we want you on our team!
We value your time and want to make the application process simple and quick. Candidates who qualify for the position will be asked to complete an easy three-step online process which includes an overview of the position, simulation and recorded interview. We will follow up with you every step of the way.
Part-time Tellers will work an average of 25-29 hours per week during our branch hours: Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm, Thursday 9am-6pm, Friday 9am-7pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.
- Responsible for providing a high quality of member service, including effective listening and determining member needs in order deepen member relationship through cross selling of products and services
- Provides a variety of member service functions, including; accurate processing of savings accounts, draft accounts, loan transactions, cashing checks, selling money orders and traveler’s checks and other duties
- Responsible for balancing cash drawer each day and processing end of day teller functions
- High school graduate and six months experience or more as a teller in a financial institution or as retail sales representative/cashier
- Sales background or demonstrated skills to perform sales related activities
- Cash handling experience beneficial
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union positively while dealing with member/teller transactions
- Effective listening skills to determine member needs and efficiently resolve problems
- Average reasoning, mathematical, and language ability
- Above average clerical perception, motor coordination, and finger dexterity
- Average general learning ability, verbal and numerical aptitude, form perception, and manual dexterity
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology and software, and functionally able to operate other standard office equipment
About our Benefits:
Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union offers an exceptional total rewards package (a lot of organizations say that, we mean it)
- Those employees eligible to participate in our 401k plan receive a 3% contribution from MSGCU and a 100% match for the next 7% they contribute!
- Flexible schedules during desired shifts (no Saturday afternoons or Sundays!)
- We offer part-time employees tuition reimbursement.
- We offer vacation time pro-rated based on when you join the Credit Union and celebrate 9 holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.