To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
New York Blood Center • New York, NY
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Full Time * New York, NY
At New York Blood Center, one of the most comprehensive blood centers in the world, our focus is on cultivating excellence by merging cutting-edge innovation with diligent customer service, groundbreaking research, and comprehensive program and service development. Join us as we work towards meeting and exceeding the growing needs of our diverse communities, further our lifesaving strategic goals in a rapidly changing environment, and expand our impact on the local, national, and global communities we serve.
As an integral member of our team, you will be responsible for managing the organization’s payroll operation for 1100 union and non-union employees using Workday Payroll software.
- Manages, mentors, trains, reviews and approves work, and provides feedback to assigned staff.
- Ensures compliance of all aspects of policies, guidelines, practices, procedures and regulations.
- Ensures procedures, systems, and people in place support the efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of the bi-weekly payroll, the on-going maintenance of the system for all earnings, deductions, and taxes of hourly and salary employees, and compliance with SOX/DOL guidelines.
- Recommends and develops payroll policies and best practices and contributes towards efforts to standardize payroll procedures and continuously improves services.
- Implements new and revised policies and procedures in an effective, efficient customer-orientated manner.
- Manages external relationships with 3rd party vendors, quality assurance procedures to validate and reconcile payroll data, and communication to mitigate risk of any payroll related processing or filings performed off site.
- Reviews and analyzes current payroll and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Provides services, consultation, and management for payroll related issues to other business units.
- Audits W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc. to provide consistent practices throughout the organization.
- Interacts with other business units to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Partners with HR/Benefits to align/implement a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system.
- Acts as the lead point of contact for payroll related disputes.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, along with 5 years of experience in automated payroll processing which includes some experience in timekeeping implementation and which must include supervisory/managerial experience. Experience with an automated payroll system (OneSource Virtual, ADP, Ceridian, or Workday) is required and advanced knowledge of payroll tax and accounting principles, wage and hour laws and taxation of employees in the U.S. is essential. Knowledge of software applications along with a strong proficiency in Excel is crucial.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. For immediate consideration, please apply online, at:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability