To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hackensack, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Eligibility Specialist, On-Site
nThrive • Hackensack, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Eligibility Specialist works on-site at an nThrive hospital client, partnering with hospital administration to identify financial support options, and assist with the application process, for uninsured or underinsured patients. Financial support options can include Medicare, Medicaid, Disability, or Charity programs. The Eligibility Specialist not only acts as an advocate for the patient, but also serves as a liaison to other internal colleagues and client hospital and government agency staff in a collaborative effort to facilitate eligibility coverage for incurred medical expenses.
- Provides a superior experience for the patient and hospital administration while maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Ensures proper protocol including timely and accurate documentation of patient encounters, timely communication with internal colleagues and client hospital administration as well as government staff (as applicable), adherence of patient encounter SLA’s including number of visits per day and communication protocols, and other goals as assigned.
- Works directly with the patient or their representative to inquire about the patient’s potential eligibility for financial assistance.
- Provides instructions or works directly with the patient or their representative to complete the appropriate application and acquire all necessary releases, signatures and documents.
- Submits the application and supporting documentation to the appropriate institution in accordance with company protocol.
- Ensures timely and accurate documentation of all notes and encounters in both nThrive’s database and the client’s database.
- Informs the patient of all approvals and denials of coverage, if it occurs during the patient’s hospital stay.
- At least 6 months of experience in a clinical facility such as long-term care, behavioral health, rehabilitation, acute care, ambulatory or similar, or federal or state government agency that deals with social security, Medicaid or charity care, or high volume healthcare accounts receivable.
- At least 6 months of experience in a role that requires patient interaction, either in person or over the phone.
- Experience dealing with multiple databases to document patient interactions and retrieve related information that is important to understand the detail necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
- Experience working with internal and/or external stakeholders to gather or share information, or to collaborate together to achieve the desired outcome.
- Experience working in a role that requires prioritization of multiple critical priorities while ensuring quality and achievement of performance metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Can type at least 40 WPM.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.