To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Centereach, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Vice President - Home Improvement and Optimization
CDCLI • Centereach, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CDCLI - Vice President - Home Improvement and Optimization
History: In 1969, a group of concerned Long Islanders came together to address the growing demand for nondiscriminatory affordable housing opportunities. Forty-seven years later, CDCLI employs over 85 people, serves Nassau, Suffolk, and Brooklyn counties, and provides a variety of programs and services that address the dynamic challenges faced by those who live and work on Long Island.
Mission: CDCLI invests in the housing and economic aspirations of individuals and families by providing solutions that foster and maintain vibrant, equitable, and sustainable communities.
Vision: CDCLI is a significant force for revitalizing and building strong communities because home matters for all people.
In support of CDCLI’s mission and strategic plan goals, the Vice President will strategically oversee all Weatherization, Homeowner Improvement/Rehabilitation Programs, and Green Energy Initiatives. The ideal candidate will develop and maintain relationships on behalf of CDCLI with public, private, nonprofit, and for profit entities, communicate effectively, foster teamwork, develop innovative and unique ways to create new opportunities to support the organization’s mission, and ensure integrity and compliance with all program and organizational requirements and milestones. Position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Determine strategies to move the division forward in line with the organization’s mission, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Focusing on client needs, identifying problem areas and guide staff in their resolution
- Oversee active and pipeline clients, evaluation of rehabilitation needs, cost estimating, budgeting process, and all components of the program process
- Ensure compliance with all division contracts, with related laws, rules and regulations governing programmatic activities.
- Ensure all equipment and materials are stored securely and used properly, and that inventory is reconciled regularly
- Monitor the contractor bidding process, conduct regular contractor outreach, and ensure contractor eligibility.
- Work with other CDCLI divisions, including the Home Ownership Center and Real Estate Development, to further integrate service delivery
Marketing and Development
- Determine innovative and creative strategies to sustain and expand the impact of the division.
- Prepare grant proposals, invoices and reports to funders
- Develop and implement department marketing and outreach strategy in support of corporation’s annual plan
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with public, private, and nonprofit partners, including, without limitation, New York State Homes and Community Renewal, New York State Affordable Housing Corporation, and New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and the Suffolk County Land Bank.
Program financial management
- Develop annual budget for division
- Monitor and access financial activity to ensure financial solvency.
Staffing and staff development
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Interview and recommend new staff hires
- Identify training needs and opportunities for staff growth and advancement
- Conduct annual performance evaluation, initiate progressive discipline up to and including recommending staff termination
- Directly supervise all staff including construction manager, inspectors, coordinators, specialists, and crew chief
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in related field or significant experience to offset educational requirement, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in program management and supervision; non-profit management a plus.
Familiarity with New York State Weatherization Assistance Program guidelines preferred. Computer proficiency in MS Office and excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must maintain a valid NYS driver’s license.
Please provide resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
CDCLI is committed to maintaining a professional staff, and to offering enriching employment opportunities in the community development, economic development and housing fields. Our employees and applicants have equal opportunity for employment, training and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, familial status, national origin, genetic information, disability or veteran status, and are selected on the basis of their qualifications. CDCLI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.