To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Smithtown, NY
- Phone: 631-366-2955
- Phone:: 631-366-2966
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Special Education Teacher
DDI - Developmental Disabilities Institute • Smithtown, NY
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Developmental Disabilities Institute, DDI, is one of the largest providers of care to children and adults with Autism, developmental disabilities and other special needs. DDI has been a part of Long Island for nearly 50 years serving over 1,500 children and adults with Autism, other developmental disabilities and special needs. DDI provides innovative and expansive services to children and adults through various children’s day programs, adult day programs and residential services for both adults and children.
DDI is currently looking to hire a Special Education Teacher for our Children’s Day program conveniently located in Smithtown NY. Our Children’s Day Program provides a full day educational program for students with Autism or other developmental disabilities ages 13 to 21.
- Setting up the classroom, structures the schedule sets up the classroom, structures the schedule, and follows procedures in setting up program books and data collection systems for the purpose of implementing the IEPs of the students in the class.
- Develops and uses appropriate or recommended behavior management systems, behavior support plans, reinforcement schedules, positive teaching techniques etc in accordance with DDI policy.
- Preparation and maintenance of required records and paperwork (IE attendance, student program books, lesson plans, daily data, graphed data summaries, parent communication notebooks, anecdotal records, progress reports, educational evaluation, recommended IEP, etc.)
- Regular communication with parents/CRP regarding student progress via written communication, phone contacts, school meetings, etc.
DDI offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical and Dental coverage, employer sponsored 403(B) retirement plan and tuition reimbursement. Our generous time off package includes almost 9 weeks of vacation.
Come work in a fun environment that is mutually rewarding!
- Experience working with students with developmental disabilities is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education required
- NYS certification to teach students with disabilities 1-6 required
Check out our realistic job previews - find out what DDI is all about!