To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bloomington, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant Manager – Retail Food Service Management
Steak 'n Shake • Bloomington, IL
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Restaurant management professionals, how would you like to build a fun and rewarding career with an American classic? Join our team at Steak ‘n Shake! For over 80 years, we have delighted our loyal customers with the country’s best, freshest, and tastiest quick-serve dishes – especially the original steak burger and our hand-dipped milkshakes. As we continue to grow, we are looking for experienced and service-focused Restaurant Managers just like you to help us to carry on that proud tradition.
You will oversee staff and daily operations at one of our Steak ‘n Shake restaurants, serving our patrons the highest quality burgers and shakes at the lowest possible prices, while providing them with the great service and the fun and welcoming environment that they’ve come to expect from us. This position is an excellent stepping stone for eventual advancement to a General Manager role and beyond.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, paid training, plenty of room for recognition, and professional growth and advancement, and the opportunity to be a part of a popular quick-service brand that has become an American institution. If you have the qualifications and the friendly and outgoing personality we’re looking for, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Restaurant Manager, your main primary leadership goal will be to live and teach the mission and vision of the company, setting a solid and positive example for your team. It will be up to you to ensure that the restaurant is running smoothly and to always make the guest the priority.
Additional duties for this management role will include:
- Ensuring that all team members consistently adhere to Steak ‘n Shake procedures, policies, and specifications to deliver the highest quality burgers and shakes
- Following up on the delivery of service and product standards
- Assessing team members’ performance and identifying opportunities to coach for improvement
- Tracking procedure execution and delivering expected financial results
- Conducting training and development for team members
- Maintaining a clean, safe and attractive restaurant environment
Specific qualifications for the management role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, people development, and operational improvements
- Leadership style with a strong focus on service and hospitality
Over and over again we hear that our people stay with us because they enjoy the people they work with. As a Restaurant Manager at Steak ‘n Shake, you get to have an impact on peoples’ lives by making their work environment fun and exciting. If you long for more than just a desk job, we can offer you a challenging and rewarding career where you can interact with people each and every day as part of a winning team.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a generous compensation package, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Quarterly incentive bonus program
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Day one medical, vision, dental, and life insurance plans
- Short- and long-term disability available
- Paid vacation
- Exceptional training, development, and onboarding program
the country’s best, freshest, and tastiest burgers and shakes!