CoServe is recruiting on behalf of one of the finest wireless carriers in the country. With approximately 40,000 towers and 26,500 miles of fiber supporting small cells, our customer is the nation’s largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. They are an S&P 500 company and one of the largest Real Estate Investment Trusts in the United States with an enterprise value of approximately $44 billion.
Position Title: Project Manager-Government Relations
The Government Relations Project Manager is responsible for project managing the efficient and timely delivery of required Network Real Estate entitlements to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations and objectives. The position carries a high level of responsibility and must adhere to established schedules to facilitate timely delivery of the customer order. The ideal candidate will offer the following abilities and knowledge, as demonstrated in employment history or other experience: Negotiating right-of-way access agreements, experience preparing and submitting permit packages, processing permits by interfacing with local governments, securing requisite entitlements to allow network development, and an understanding of construction plans/drawings.
Essential Job Functions
- Has primary responsibility in all aspects of submitting and acquiring entitlements and agreements needed for installation of Crown Castle facilities located on poles and other infrastructure within the public right of way and public utility easements.
- Negotiate right-of-way access agreements and similar authorizations as needed in accordance with Crown Castle standards and parameters.
- Responsible for representation before local agencies and represent Crown Castle before jurisdictional planning authorities and city councils.
- Interface with jurisdictional staff on matters related to applicable laws, codes and ordinances and effectively communicate and leverage regulatory status in support of deployment objections.
- Advocate and articulate Crown Castle’s regulatory rights and ability place and maintain communication facilities in consultation with counsel.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal functional groups to resolve issues, to facilitate progress and to achieve milestone targets, with the goal of delivering networks on time and on-budget.
- Responsible for all Crown proprietary project tracking including data entry and the integrity of information in system.
- Act as the single point of contact for internal and external customers reliant on specific NRE deliverables in given projects within a district. Attend customer deployment meetings, to resolve conflicts or problems related to NRE deliverables and tasks.
- Drive NRE functions associated with projects; review project reports and identify issues in reporting or task completion; understanding and adherence to NRE cycle times; and providing and achieving project forecasting accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Juris Doctor a plus
- Three (3) to five (5) years proven experience working for a wireless carrier or wireless services / site acquisition, external/regulatory/governmental affairs consulting firm, a utility, a jurisdictional, or Planning, Zoning, and Land Use capacity required or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience required.
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities.
- Experience working with engineering teams, preparation of permit applications and construction documents and network construction required.
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the Public Utilities Commission desirable.
- Experience working on goal-driven, cross-functional teams.
- Experience deploying distributed network systems within the context of deploying telecommunications networks within the public way preferred.
- Familiarity with and experience of the rules and policies of the federal Telecommunications Act, State statutes and local ordinances governing telecommunications deployed in the public right of way.Public Utility Code and Public Utilities/Public Service Commission desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Self-started and ability to work independently.
- Keen attention to detail.
Reports to: Manager Government Relations, Manager Network Real Estate