To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfield, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Direct Support Professional
kencrest.org • Fairfield, CT
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
KenCrest is seeking Direct Support Professionals to work with people with intellectual disabilities in their family homes for weekend shifts.
Responsibilities vary depending on needs of the individual, but may include:
- Personal care
- Providing transportation
- Participating in selected community activities
- Assisting with life skills (e.g., safety and stranger awareness, budgeting, time management, reading and writing, cooking).
- Recordkeeping and communicating progress to the individual’s family and supervisor
Direct Support Professional Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license, insurance, registration and reliable personal transportation required
- Acceptable motor vehicle record, background checks and substance abuse test results in accordance with state requirements
- Ability to complete and pass all required training including CPR, First Aid and Fire Safety
- Experience working in the human services field (desired)
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities (desired)