To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pleasanton, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Fast Switch, Ltd. • Pleasanton, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client in Pleasanton, CA has a contract opening for a Research Associate. The Research Associate will work in operations and the role's primary tasks will be manufacturing and reagent formulation.
** This job is 30 hours per week, from 9AM to 3PM **
- Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support our client’s projects.
- Exercise technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Present and discuss results of experiments within department and project team.
- Maintain high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies.
- Follow company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate.
- Maintain complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files.
- May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
- Execute laboratory experiments; makes detailed observations and analyzes data.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Normally receive detailed directions on all work.
- Make suggestions to improve work processes.
- Assist in reducing to practice patentable inventions.
- Work on projects of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- May participate in cross functional technical team activities.
- Present and discuss data within group.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knows basic and some specialized laboratory techniques including experience as a lab assistant and lab technician.
- Experience doing clinical research.
- Familiar with searching scientific literature.
- Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Reagent formulation experience.
- Previous lab experience.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree