To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Safety Manager
Confidential • Detroit, MI
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The safety manager is primarily responsible for continuous improvement of all facets of safety as well as ensuring that our company complies with all Department of Transportation rules and regulations. This would include but not be limited to: compliance in the following areas: 391 files, log processing, drug and alcohol testing, training, and accidents claims management, reporting and prevention.
- Provide and oversee performance and development by providing feedback for all driver personnel.
- Provide monthly statistical reporting to management regarding all safety key performance indicators for department.
- Possess effective working knowledge if FMCSA regulations and CSA requirements.
- Provide focused safety leadership and direction.
- Develop and drive strategic initiatives designed to continuously improve safety processes.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with safety related governmental agencies and trade associations.
- Quick thinking and ability to multitask in demanding environment.
- Consistent application of all safety policies.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations.
- Maintenance of all vehicle accident records as well as the processing of those claims with our insurance provider.
- The Maintenance of all 391 files.
- Administer a drug & alcohol testing program that adheres to all government requirements.
- The management and maintenance of our driver logs.
- Training compliance in the following areas, drug and alcohol, D.O.T. regulations, and accident prevention.
- Analyze & monitor data trends of CSA, SMS scores, e-log compliance, and driver performance.
- Management & Investigation of all accident/crashes, establishing root cause, preventability and corrective action plans.
- Administer quarterly safety incentive program for drivers.
- Manage truck licensing, 2290, and permit programs.
- Analyze accident statistics and make recommendation for enhancements of existing programs and training.
- Coordination of all driver safety meetings.
- Manage Drug & Alcohol Programs.
- Establish and manage a driver safety committee.
- Liaison with outside service providers and insurance companies to manage accidents/crashes, and insurance claims.
- Lead safety portion of on-boarding program & continuous training of new & current drivers, as well as, other employees as needed.
- Providing written monthly training material for drivers as well as providing quarterly articles for company newsletter.
- Development of standardized training/testing for all new drivers during on boarding process.
- Evaluation of on boarding and driver training programs to ensure that the company is providing the necessary training, so that new hires can perform their job without incident.
- Communicate and update management and current employees with all changes in government regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation or related field preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive fleet/safety experience required.
- Knowledge of FMCR’s and CSA Regulations.
- Proficient using Microsoft products specifically excel.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Behavioral based safety experience a plus.
- History of demonstrated performance, innovation, and leadership.
- Experience in implementation of safety programs and processes, including accident prevention, driver training, and regulatory protocols.