To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5425 Victory Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46203
- April Morgan
- Phone: 317-782-4484
- Phone:: 317-786-4484
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IndyVet Emergency & Specialty Hospital • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IndyVet Emergency and Specialty Hospital is seeking an experienced, Administrative Assistant to join our growing small animal hospital.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our DVM’s and Executive Staff; assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities. The administrative assistant also assists our customer service representatives as needed.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include coordination and preparation of continued education events, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like Microsoft Office and office equipment. Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office.
Responsibilities for Administrative Assistant:
- General office support
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly reports and training
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Purchasing-ensuring that quality merchandise is purchases at a competitive price.
- Maintain contact lists
- Assist with staff engagement activities
- Provide general support to visitors
- Other duties as assisted
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant or office admin assistant
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary will be a plus
- Previous experience as an Administrative Assistant or Executive Assistant is required.