To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dagsboro, DE 19939
- Drew Ireland
- Phone: 713-438-0919
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Outage Management - Technical Coordinator
Icon Information Consultants • Dagsboro, DE
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Recognizes safety hazards and follows safety guidelines for personal protection, protection of fellow workers and the protection of the public.
• Knowledgeable of environmental rules and regulations, and effectively apply them to all work situations.
• Perform safety related duties such as issuing or accepting work authorizations, hot work permits, confined space entry permits, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) etc.
• Must have a basic understanding of electrical power generation related to electrical, instrumentation & control systems, boilers or HRSG, turbines (steam and combustion), generators, flue gas desulfurization, and other plant auxiliary equipment.
• Support specific projects and provide the necessary technical coordination assigned with expertise for specification, design, construction, repair or maintenance, and inspection of projects in accordance with plant requirements, QA/QC plans and regulatory codes.
• Ability to communicate orally and in written reports, condition of equipment and status of jobs to crew leader, supervision, operations, and other craft personnel and outside service representatives.
• Ability to read and interpret instruction manuals, blueprints, and system drawings; applies knowledge to daily tasks.
• Ability to maintain drawings, specifications, test logs and other records as required.
• Ability to apply knowledge of plant operations, equipment and skill area knowledge to daily decision making.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated software.
• Ability to operate company vehicles and equipment (e.g. forklift, plant vehicles, etc.) and maintain operating licenses and certifications.
• May be required to direct the work activities of others to make decisions about how best to repair equipment and what resources (tools, time, and equipment) will be needed ensuring resources are used in a cost effective manner.
• Monitors the progress and performance of work performed by vendors or other companies to assure that all designs are adequate and comply with all technical and contractual requirements.
• Ability to work in an office environment and/or out of doors work environment (including working at heights, high/low ambient temperatures and high humidity areas at generating unit work locations).
• Requires standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, twisting, climbing stairs and ladders, and entering plant equipment to access, inspect or collect data on plant equipment.
• Work overtime and non-standard hours as required.
• Requires occasional travel outside the business area.
• Requires wearing personal protective safety equipment (respirators, safety glasses, hard hat, appropriate footwear, ear plugs, etc.).
• May be required to work around rotating and energized equipment, hazardous materials and chemicals and hot equipment/environments.
• Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities