To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
- Christia Williams
- Phone: 909-537-7589
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Technician
University Enterprises Corp at CSUSB • San Bernardino, CA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Human Resources Technician
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
Human Resources Department
(This is not a State position)
Location: UEC at CSU San Bernardino
Time Base: 40 hours per week
Status: benefited, “non-exempt” position through June 30, 2018 (position may be renewed annually based upon available funding, availability of work and satisfactory job performance). Salary: $2,846.00 to $3,800.00 per month
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm; Summer hours will vary.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Duties: Under the general supervision of the UEC Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will perform a full range of varied, complex and technical work assignments involving the use of judgment and discretion in support of the University Enterprises Corporation “UEC” Human Resources Department. The incumbent’s responsibilities include:
● Daily, routine and complex data entry of all confidential transactional changes into the HRIS (Paylocity). Changes include but are not limited to: demographics, job changes reflected on Personnel Transaction Reports (PTR's), separations, W-4 updates and VISA and I-9 documents, tracking of education, training performance and related personnel information.
● Work closely with other HR staff on timeliness of entry and completion/accuracy of PTR's and personnel data. Incumbent will ensure consistency and accuracy in data and may add and maintain POI types and ID's in PeopleSoft.
● In conjunction with and support of HR Manager and other HR staff, the incumbent will run standard and routine HRIS reports, assist HR Manager with regulatory reporting needs and AAP reports. Create simple graphs/charts and ad hoc reports as needed.
● Assist HR Lead/Benefits Analyst with compiling of benefit related data/reports and total compensation reports.
● Work with HRIS vendor to test updates and resolve first level service issues. Assist with roll-out of additional/new HRIS functionality as needed.
● Perform routine data consistency checks.
● Assist customers with self-service questions and technical difficulties.
● Work with HR Lead Representative to perform checks and balances and ensure semi-monthly payroll deadlines are met. Will have primary accountability for accuracy of data and HR’s payroll related deadlines.
● As needed, incumbent will also assist in answering questions from applicants, employees, supervisors and volunteers including interpretation of policies and procedures, assisting with completion of hiring packages, I-9's and other on-boarding documents such as registration for orientations and trainings, back up the front desk and reception duties for an over-flow of walk-in customers or telephone inquiries and provide employment verifications as requested.
● Additional duties may include, but are not limited to: providing basic website maintenance, participate as New Hire Orientation ("NHO") Presenter on rotating basis with other staff and/or for one-on-one NHO's as needed, compile and distribute appointment letters and notices to employees, assist with benefit enrollments through self-service and other general office responsibilities such as file maintenance.
● Must utilize HRIS and Excel extensively and other MS Office products.
● It is crucial for the incumbent to set own priorities regularly, manage multiple work assignments, meet necessary deadlines, and perform other duties as assigned while working in an environment of constant interruptions.
● Applicants must possess the equivalent to 2 years of college coursework, a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is preferred; plus two years of experience in Human Resources or employment related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Specific experience with HRIS systems and HR/Payroll related data entry is required. Experience with Paylocity and/or PeopleSoft is preferred.
● Must be computer literate, have above average knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point and have experience in compiling spreadsheets, charts and graphs.
● Must have excellent organizational skills, must be detail oriented, accurate, and efficient and possess a thorough knowledge of general office methods, procedures and practices.
● A general knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies and procedures is necessary along with thorough knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
● The ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures is required along with the ability to identify deviations from applicable policies.
● The ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions is required.
● Must have the ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, such as ability to calculate figures, percentages and amounts, using an adding machine/calculator.
● Must have the ability to work with and take direction from a diverse group of people, have problem solving skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills including with those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature. Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a group/team environment and maintain confidentiality.
This position will remain open until filled. UEC is an EOE – Minority / Female / Disability / Vets. This is a sensitive position; the selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include criminal background check and Live Scan fingerprinting clearance prior to appointment.