To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2303 Dulles Station Boulevard
Herndon, VA 20171
- Rob Ragsdale
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Project Control Analyst
Ironbow • Herndon, VA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Iron Bow Technologies in Herndon, VA is searching for a results oriented and service driven Sr. Project Control Analyst who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment. The ideal candidate should have strong relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, and the ability to work with various partners to maintain strong overall governance of the revenue recognition and projects processes. This person must be a self-starter and able to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the projects structure, cost accruals, billings and financial reporting.
- Responsible for assigned project setup, validation/correction of revenue recognition calculations and the review of unbilled accounts receivable balances.
- Prepare monthly project accruals, acting as liaison between Accounting personnel and Project Managers to ensure all monthly expenses are accounted for.
- Analyze actual costs and understand if improper cost allocations have occurred on assigned projects.
- Analyze actual costs against budget and/or forecast and understand impact variances may have of sales/profit margin, EAC calculations, contract performance and cash flow on assigned projects.
- Analyze, understand and report on assigned unbilled balances.
- Maintain constant interaction with Project Managers and Finance and Accounting personnel to ensure the contractual obligations of assigned projects are met and followed and potential risks are mitigated.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all assigned projects related financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely billing of assigned projects related billings.
- Review, code and submit supplier invoices and voucher corrections to Accounts Payable, as needed.
- Assist Project Managers in preparation of monthly project forecasts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work within specified deadlines.
- Strong personal computer skills, including detailed working knowledge of Excel capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and requirements.
- Ability to learn
- Clear ability to take ownership of issues and pursue potential resolutions through to completion.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) or other large ERP system preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- 5 or more years of project control experience.
- Experience with FAR, CAS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), to include a detailed understanding of revenue recognition concepts.
- Iron Bow offers a competitive benefits package, which includes excellent medical and dental benefits, and a 401k plan with matching. Conditions of employment
- All applicants receiving an offer of employment will be required to complete an Iron Bow application and sign a disclosure and authorization form for a background investigation. All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of the Iron Bow background investigation which may include a criminal check, education and employment verifications and for some positions a credit check. In addition Iron Bow participates in the E-verify employment verification program.
- Iron Bow is an equal opportunity employer committed to support family values, integrity in the workplace, and an entrepreneurial atmosphere. Iron Bow makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran Status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Code of Ethics
- Iron Bow is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and in accordance with the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct and Responsibility. Iron Bow employees are expected to comply and to assist the company in complying with each of these obligations.
- The purpose of the Iron Bow Code of Ethics, Conduct, and Responsibility is to state the principles of business ethics and conduct that Iron Bow requires all employees to follow in dealings on behalf of Iron Bow with the government, the general public, customers, suppliers, competitors, and fellow employees
- As employees, consultants or representatives of Iron Bow, we will treat one another fairly and with dignity and mutual respect
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans