To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Developer
INTLFCStone • Chicago, IL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Purpose: To function as a senior-level software developer/programmer in a manner that is consistent with the defined SDLC processes and methodologies as established by the technology leadership.
- Follow our software development practices and methodologies
- Participate in scrum ceremonies, including Story Pointing, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews and Sprint Retrospectives
- Estimate time and effort by defining and planning development tasks
- Create and execute unit test cases
- Write code consistent with defined technology stack and standards
- Facilitate and assist in design sessions
- Technical mentor for other software developers
- May act as a technical lead on some projects
Relevant job titles include: Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Publishing Systems Analyst, Senior Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Coordinator, Systems Engineer, Systems Software Engineer, Application Integration Engineer, Applications Developer, Business Systems Analyst, Computer Consultant, Programmer Analyst, Software Development Engineer, Technical Consultant, Enterprise Software Developer, Java Developer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer.
- 5 or more years of relevant professional experience in software testing
- 5 or more years of dedicated work with the following Microsoft technologies; C#, .Net, MVC
- 1 or more years of professional experience with ORM technologies, such as Entity Framework, NHibernate, Dapper, etc.
- 1 or more years of professional experience participating in a Scrum development environment
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming is required.
- Experience working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Demonstrated ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to remain flexible during times of change and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly, efficiently and positively.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving capability.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to influence colleagues and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints as necessary.
- Excellent verbal, written and relationship skills used to interact with a global group of technical and non-technical people.
- Attention to detail is a must.
Ideal candidate will have the following additional experience:
- Analyzing and recommending development strategies, process improvements and standards
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Entity Framework, IoC, JQuery, JQuery UI, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, Message queue-based designs/implementations, SOA, Ajax, Code repositories (such as Git or Subversion)
We encourage applicants of all ages and experience, as we do not discriminate on the basis of the applicant's age.
If you have experience in the following roles, we want to hear from you!
Developer, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Engineer, Publishing Systems Analyst, Senior Software Engineer, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Coordinator, Systems Engineer, Systems Software Engineer, Application Integration Engineer, Applications Developer, Business Systems Analyst, Computer Consultant, Programmer Analyst, Software Development Engineer, Technical Consultant, Enterprise Software Developer, Java Developer