To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3250 Mary Street
Miami, FL 33133
- Lourdes Torres
- Phone: 305-448-8100 ext 504
- Phone:: 305-489-8006
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Human Resources Assistant
HealthSun Health Plans • Miami, FL
Posted 21 days ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Healthcare - Health Services
Relocation - No
HealthSun Health Plans www.healthsun.com is seeking energetic,talented and qualified professionals to join us in our mission of changing the healthcare experience of our members - making it easier, friendlier and more accessible. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career with a chance to make a real difference in your community, please apply.
HealthSun Health Plans is headquartered in the Coconut Grove area of Miami, Florida supporting the needs of Medicare Advantage recipients throughout South Florida. We are proud to offer outstanding career advancement opportunities, competitive salaries, paid holidays, medical & dental insurance plans, vacation/sick/personal time, and disability benefits.
Responsible for performing a broad range of clerical and administrative functions to assist with the administration and coordination of human resources related activities.
This is an entry level HR Assistant position with no prior experience suitable for fresh graduates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs new hire packet audits to ensure information received from staff is accurate and complete.
- Performs sensitive data entry of employee information maintaining a high degree of attention to accuracy and detail to the information.
- Creates and organizes employee files for all new hires to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assists in maintaining employee data in databases to ensure data integrity for on-going audits and special projects
- Assists in employee on-boarding tactics, including supporting New Hire Orientation.
- Assists with photocopying and creating a variety of informational packets.
- Responds to inquiries received via e-mail, phone and fax in a timely manner.
- Assists in the input and maintenance of information into ADP platform as needed.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and assists in the entering of I-9 Employment Eligibility Forms through E-Verify.
- Coordinates employee morale activities such as birthday celebrations and volunteer opportunities among others.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate employee files.
- Completes Employment Verifications and Employment Reference Checks.
- Maintains confidential centralized employee files, I-9s and other HR documentation.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Manager on all personnel matters.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality of information, protects the assets of the Company, reports non-compliance and adheres to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains confidentiality of customer medical records in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures compliance with all HIPAA, OSHA, and other federal, state, and local regulations.
- Participates in meetings, trainings and in-service education, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communicates effectively with other professional and support staff in order to achieve positive customer outcomes.
- Promotes and contributes to a positive, problem-solving environment.
- Assists customers, family members and others with concern and empathy; respects their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent computer knowledge is required, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong decision-making, analytical skills
- Must be able to work well under stressful conditions
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with at least a Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources discipline preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in clerical position with access to highly confidential information required
- Healthcare or managed care experience is highly desirable
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population at all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population at all levels within the organizationwith individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to follow specific, detailed instructions, resolve routine problems, and perform basic interpretation utilizing published information and tools
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and apply critical thinking skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
HealthSun Health Plans and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all federal and state laws, regulations and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements in all programs.M/F/D/V.
HealthSun and its affiliates are also a drug-free workplace.
*Internal candidates must submit the Internal Application Form approved by his/her supervisor before interviewing with HR. Qualified candidates will be considered by the Hiring Manager.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.