To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
9100 Arboretum Parkway
Richmond, VA 23236
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Web Communications Specialist
Metro Systems, Inc. • Richmond, VA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MSI is seeking a Web Communications Specialist. This individual will be responsible for creating content for the website; suggesting changes to the web style guide, consider customer experience and usage as part of development and recommend changes and improvements to the website as needed.
- Assist web contributors with maintaining website content using a Content Management System (CMS).
- Serve as a resource with respect to writing, style, and content structure. Write, edit, proofread, review, and provide CMS support as required.
- Perform tasks associated with content gathering and optimizing to make all forms of content web ready.
- Work closely with designers to create photo galleries and videos embedded in web pages.
- Support content audits to ensure content is structure and tagged properly for any relevant back end systems including the Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Marketing System.
- Assist with requirements gathering for content or website enhancements (document and troubleshoot issues, make recommendations on how to resolve).
- Verify that all content is approved through proper channels and systems prior to posting.
- Educate and engage business stakeholders, project managers, and other internal colleagues for widespread understanding of how content strategy supports business objectives.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in website copy development and editing.
- Working knowledge of HTML layout and code
- Knowledge and understanding of website content management.
- Experience in online journalism, industry social media, or similar applications a plus.
- Exhibits enthusiasm, creativity and commitment
- Ability to build relationships and work in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, both written (email and formal documents) and verbal (meetings and presentations)
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and shift work as needed
- Strong communication skills are a necessity as you will work closely with various departments to coordinate the creation, tagging, testing and publishing of website content.
- Bachelor's degree required.