To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
- Phone: 586-779-5090
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Express Employment Professionals • Detroit, MI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Express Employment Professionals is seeking an experienced Occupancy Specialist to work directly for a client located in Wayne County.
Position: Contract to hire
Schedule: Monday-Friday / normal business hours
Location: Wayne County Housing Commission
Benefits: Offered once the evaluation period has been completed and candidate will be Direct Hired
The purpose of this position is to provide direct support to the Asset Management Projects (AMPs) for the company’s Asset Management programs by ensuring that the admissions and eligibility process is administered and managed in accordance with Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy (ACOP), the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines, and the OMB A 133-Audit guidelines. The Specialist will be directly and indirectly responsible for all aspects related to waiting list functionality in company’s Yardi database. The Specialist, from time to time, will conduct eligibility and leasing for the AMPs. Likewise, the Specialist will develop and maintain site specific marketing strategies that are designed to ensure high occupancy rates. The work is performed under the supervision of the Director of Asset Management.
Essential Job Functions
Establish controls to ensure that the waiting lists are updated at least monthly to facilitate tenant selections for public housing units.
Implement controls to ensure that complete and accurate records are maintained to leave a clear audit trail demonstrating the proper selection of future applicants for public housing units from the waiting lists.
Establish controls to ensure that the tenant files contain all required eligibility and suitability information including evidence that all tenant-provided information is properly verified.
Implement controls to ensure that criminal background checks are maintained separately from the tenant files so that only authorized persons have access to the records and the records are destroyed once an admission decision has been made.
Implement controls to ensure that an EIV income report is generated within 120 days of each family’s admissions into the low-rent housing program to confirm the accuracy of the income reported.
Ensure that all move-in certifications are accurately recorded in Yardi and timely submitted to PIC. If errors are noted, responsible for correcting and re-submitting to PIC.
Properly processes client files as assigned within prescribed timeframe.
Maintain communication with applicants, tenants, and management.
In conjunction with management ensure that site is prepared for visits and audits by investors and regulators, and when necessary be in attendance for the site visits and audits;
Prepare responses to any wait list audit finding concerns when necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Ability to effectively communicate verbally with a variety of people, one-on-one, in small groups, and with larger groups in a briefing situation. Contacts include a diverse, low-income population, landlords, property managers, staff, and the general public.
2. Ability to effectively communicate in writing, generally using existing form letters or other documents as examples.
3. Ability to mitigate conflicts and negotiate successful resolutions to disputes among team members or with clients.
4. Knowledge of organizational and planning skills necessary to accomplish the work load.
5. Analytical skills necessary to: research policies, procedures, and guidance in response to specific questions or issues; make recommendations regarding what guidance is applicable to the specific situation and what course of action should be taken.
6. Creative problem solving skills for use when there is no directly applicable guidance.
7. Thorough knowledge of Interviewing and negotiating skills and techniques.
8. Knowledge of Low Income Public Housing programs’ regulations, guidelines, procedures, and requirements including: HUD regulations and guidelines relating to program eligibility and participation, income determination, rent reasonableness, payment standards, etc.; State and Local building and occupancy laws or regulations; and company’s ACOP and related policies and procedures.
9. Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines, including a computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line and smart telephone, and calculator.
10. Knowledge of basic office procedures such as filing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of HUD policies, and other Federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations related to low income housing
Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, sociology, social work or equivalent required.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in subsidized rental property management with three (3) years of experience for a public housing agency, or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
If you qualify for this position, please apply to this post and/or submit your resume to:
[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]