To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, NJ 08085
- Ruth Osei
- Phone: 908 242 6194
- Phone:: (856) 669-0436
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
PT/Per Diem Direct Care Positions - Day Program
Bellwether Behavioral Health • Philadelphia, NJ
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
NOW HIRING PT/POOL DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS
TO JOIN OUR GROWING DAY PROGRAM TEAM IN GLOUCESTER COUNTY
ASSISTING ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES
Day Program Hours Are 9:30am to 3:30pm - Full Day, Half Day and Other Hours Available
*Residential hours also available (7:00am to 7:20pm; 7:00pm to 7:20am) in Gloucester/Salem Counties
Our direct support professionals have backgrounds in home health, nursing, education, behavioral assistance, psychology, human services, volunteer experience, personal experience helping others and more! AdvoServ provides a comprehensive 2 week training program for all new employees.
~ Advance schedules & as needed scheduling
~ All schedules include one weekend shift per week
~ Primary work assignments for day program are in Swedesboro; residential assignments also available (7:00am to 7:20pm; 7:00pm to 7:20am) in the areas of Clarksboro, Mullica Hill, Paulsboro, Swedesboro and Woodstown; specific assignment locations are based on program needs and are given to new staff during the two week training period
BONUSES &PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
Two weeks of paid training that includes certifications in American Red Cross CPR/First Aid, State of NJ DDD Certifications, Safety Care, and more
Employee referral bonus programs
The Direct Support Professionals on our team are responsible for performing tasks that are essential to helping adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities and significant behavioral challenges lead safe and satisfying lives. These are interactive positions that require team members to have constant contact with our residents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interacting with residents in a manner that promotes respect and learning, supports resident goals, is consistent with resident IHPs and behavior plans and follows the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Responding to unexpected behaviors
- Communicating with team members through daily verbal and written reports on the progress and activities of residents.
- Monitoring and administering medication as well as providing education.
- Prompting or assist residents with personal care activities. Some of our residents are unable to perform these activities for themselves and require significant assistance with bathing, toileting and other personal care activities.
- Performing crisis intervention and, at times when there is an imminent safety threat, utilize authorized physical and/or mechanical restraint techniques.
- Escorting residents to medical appointments and recreational outings
For this position, qualified applicants will:
- Be motivated to work as part of a team that acts in the best interest of our residents at all times
- Want to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges; behavior health experience preferred
- Have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license without any major violations within the past three years
- Have a high school diploma or GED; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be available to work full time
- If offered a position, successfully complete our pre-employment process which includes an initial motor vehicle records check, positive reference checks, employment verifications, state and federal criminal background checks and physical including drug screen, lift test and TB test.
- If hired, be available to participate in our mandatory preservice training Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm the first two weeks of employment.
Bellwether Behavioral Health offers competitive salaries, 401K retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, advancement and bonus opportunities.
Bellwether Behavioral Health Is An Equal Opportunity Employer