To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
416 Ebenezer Road
Knoxville, TN 37923
- Dan Gillen
- Phone: (865) 531-8588
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Project Manager
Premier Staffing Partners, LLC • Knoxville, TN
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IT Project Manager Direct Hire opportunity!
The Project Manager will manage major and intermediate level IT projects with a proven track record of leading technical and non-technical, cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will have strong, comprehensive project management background, with methodologies such as PMI and Agile/Scrum.
IT Project Manager Role and Responsibilities:
- Leads Agile teams to work together in completion of identified backlogs.
- Act as the liaison between the executive leadership, business sponsors, IT and vendors to create project schedules, milestones and delivery dates.
- Prioritize and allocate project resources based on timing, scope, budgets and project requirements.
- Expedite the process when necessary to ensure that projects are completed on time..
- Identify process and workflow issues and fine-tune schedules as necessary based on the team’s overall priorities.
- Participate in project Kickoff meetings and coordinate approvals at every project stage.
- Providing on-going communication regarding project status or budget issues.
- Utilizes and updates project management tools as necessitated by the project.
- Communicates often and regularly to project stakeholders with regard to project status.
- Skilled in use of burn charts and task boards.
- Track and provide reporting with regard to scope, progress, risks and issues.
- Acts as the point of effective control over coordination, communication, escalation, and follow up for issues.
- Works with all IT organizations and business clients to maintain good business relationships and practices.
IT Project Manager Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years of technical IT project management experience in an agile environment.
- Experience managing Enterprise level projects
- Experience managing projects in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical cross functional teams to identify project goals and work collaboratively to achieve the goals set forth.
- Ability to motivate team members and gain group consensus
- Experience negotiating contracts with outside vendors.
- Working experience managing projects following PMI aligned methodologies to include defining scope, estimating resources, scheduling deliverables, budgeting and managing costs, assessing and mitigating risks, establishing communication plans
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience managing multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Experience managing projects following PMI aligned methodologies to include defining scope, estimating resources, scheduling deliverables, budgeting and managing costs, assessing and mitigating risks and establishing communication plans.
Keywords: Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Project Management, IT Project Management, PMI, PMP