To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St Louis, MO
- Scott Fischer
- Phone: (847) 325-5600
- Phone:: (847) 325-5566
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Esquire Recruiting LLC • St Louis, MO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our privately held precision metal manufacturing client based in St. Louis is looking for an experienced Human Resources Manager to be responsible for managing and administering the functions related to human resources at the division level including safety, staffing, benefits, employee/labor relations, employee development, performance management, compliance, work rules and policies, compensation, training, and legal issues with direct accountability for final results in terms of costs, methods and personnel.
We are only considering candidates with HR experience in a union work-force environment.
Handling grievances, working with union stewards, and safety matters is a must.
- Manage human resources activities by assisting and counseling management staff to effectively identify, plan, and process staffing changes. Including hire, motivate, discipline and discharge employees, interpret and enforce policies and rules, evaluate training needs, recommend equitable pay adjustments, promotions, transfers or demotions.
- Coordinate employment activities, assuring that properly qualified candidates are recruited, presented, and hired for open positions; participate in new hire orientation.
- Keep abreast of changing trends in human resources, with special emphasis on related laws and regulations. Maintain networking contacts beneficial for sharing related information.
- Establish and maintain human resources practices and procedures, review and revise as necessary. Maintain records in an efficient manner, produce accurate reports as required.
- Administer existing corporate and division policies and procedures. Recommend, prepare and implement new plan policies, as appropriate and necessary.
- Participate as staff advisor in formulating and carrying out company policies, objectives and programs.
- Assist in identifying development and training needs and resources, register or schedule, and personally conduct or facilitate training as required. Seek available training funds, such as those offered through the state.
- Advise, educate, and/or counsel employees regarding changes in or clarification of personnel policies, procedures, and benefits. Assist managers in addressing employee relations issues.
- Manage the safety program including safety committee, self-inspections, minutes and reports, training accident reporting/follow-up, and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Participate or lead investigations related to safety, company property, employee relations issues, and grievances.
- Prepare documentation and represent the company in resolving unemployment claims, union grievances, or other legal charges related to employment.
- Provide guidance to supervisory staff in administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Lead and/or participate on the collective bargaining team.
- Lead annual performance review process; revise, distribute, and review documentation, participate in review meetings, and assist managers with performance improvement plans.
- Coordinate employee meetings, employee recognition events, and company social events.
- Manage environmental needs of locations, including quarterly and annual samples, testing, reports, permits and/or removals.
- Manage relationships with Human Resources and general office related vendors and consultants.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Progressive human resources experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum five years in a management role
- Previous experience with union workforce
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment and labor laws
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organization, and time management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with all employees
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple products/tasks autonomously
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, or SPHR certification preferred
- Previous experience with ADP products, specifically Workforce Now, preferred
Along with a competitive compensation package our client offers: • Paid time off • Medical insurance • Dental insurance • Vision plan • 401K and much more